Easy to get Nutrients ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deebo420, Jan 26, 2011.

1. What are the best Nutrients i can get without ordering online, Im talking Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot ETC

2. Bloodmeal (N), Bonemeal (P), Potash (K) Tomato Fert same Ratio needed as Cannabis in your N-P-K. However your micro-nutes you probably won't find so easily in the stores you listed. You will find those and more useful combinations of what you need at a local Hydro or a botany specialty store.

3. You can find Miracle Grow at those places...

Just go to a hydro store and buy some good stuff.

4. Yeah, I wouldn't go there if you want to grow good stuff.

Miracle Grow is just for plants that you might look at - it's potting soil, not growing soil. You need to work on just getting yourself to a hydro store and pay cash.

Get things like Advanced Nutrients. They're easy to get online or through Craigslist or Ebay if you're worried about safety.

If you're going to grow, you need to grow with good stuff, not just the cheapest stuff you can get. Trust me, the money is worth it and you will like your results much better.

If you have to grow with nutes from a hardware store, good luck with that. I just don't trust nutes that are sold at a place where you buy things to redo your bathroom.

5. #5 MRMantooth, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2011
    Why cash? It is not illegal in any state to purchase plant nutrients. It not like he has to wear a mask, so his face does not show up on the security cam too.

I just want to debunk this purchasing paranoia.

Find a hydro store. Even better, order online. Amazon stocks FoxFarm products. With the money you save buying online you could open a post office box for a month and have it sent there if your worried about roommates or parents snooping in your mail.

6. Whats the best Fox Farm Soil

7. i agree if the cops are pulling your credit purchases you are already fucked

it depends on the person but most would say ocean forest

8. By no mean am I a vet at this, but I use FoxFarm Ocean Forrest. This seems to be a VERY popular choice for soil growers.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001I49Q98]Amazon.com: Ocean Forest Organic Potting Soil 12Qt.: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

9. I don't know what brands your local walmart stocks. Probably Miracle Grow which is fine (at least the nutes are, the soils not so much). Any will do really. The more expensive nutrients are the same as the cheap ones except they add more micronutes/beneficial bacteria, etc.

Every fert should list it's NPK ratio, or Nitrogen, Phosphorous, and Potassium. These are the 3 big nutes your plant wants, also called macronutrients.

During veg, you want a fert with higher N than P and K and during flowering, you want nutes with More P and K than N. Tomato food and rose bloom might work, just look at their NPK.

Depending on which method of growing you're doing, you might want to try to find some calmag. Those are two out of the 70 some micro nutes.