Easy Ryder?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowOps, Dec 28, 2010.

1. i have been looking into autoflowering strains recently for a first time grow outdoor. at first i considered onyx, but heard bad things about it, such as only yielding 4 grams and being 6 inches tall.

im now considering easy ryder as it seems to have better yields. you guys have any experience with easy ryder? thanks.

2. Do an advanced search of just the cultivation section here for "onyx" and you'll see much different results than the two or three people who had awful yields. No one would sell a seed that was only ever capable of growing 6" and yielding 4 grams under the best of conditions. This guy got much more than 4 grams: http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-m...ight-your-fav-pics-your-grow.html#post8941141

Choose a seed bank to work with, browse their strains (banks which have seed-finders where you can filter on things like small and autoflowering are great) and choose some that are the right height and yield for you. Then do some advanced searches around the cultivation forum to see *lots* of peoples' experiences with those strains. An advanced search of the cultivation forum searching entire posts and displaying as posts using the term "onyx" will result in 17 pages of posts where people have grown this particular strain. Learn from what the small yielders did wrong, and what the large yielders did right. If you can't recreate their conditions that got the success, choose another strain.

3. Here is a pic of my Easy Ryder
    [​IMG]

But no fears, that was my fault. My point is that I think any seed can be turned to shit by someone who doesn't know what they're doing. :eek: It would be a miracle to get 4g from that.