Easy Ryder 800w Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by HungryforUnrest, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Well, greetings all. This is my first post on GC forums, and I'm hoping to start off well. After four years of learning to grow with selected bagseeds in a horribly allocated closet (damn the 1920's and their lack of stuff), under a makeshift 400 watt fluoro tube clusterfuck and finally a 400 watt HPS, I had some decent legs under me. One thing was constant – everything organic as possible. I have never swayed from that even though organic products are rare in my area. So now it's on to the brass tacks.
    We recently moved, and were able to secure a 3 bedroom house (awesomely enough, it had been my father-in-laws house for five years previous. And so the landlord is the best ever. No deposit, not in the least bit concerned with being nosy). I got one of the spare bedrooms for all of my endeavors. Having finally gathered the fortitude to make a seed order, I went straight for the Easy Ryders at the Attitude. My order took 6 days to arrive, and in it were 5 – 5 packs of Easy Ryder Fem and the 5 free seeds of the time, which were Cali Hash Plant, Blue Widow, LA Woman, LA Conf., and Sour Cream; all fems. Whilst waiting on the package. I started by clearing out the closet, including interior trim. This left a blank palette with which to work. The closet measures 6' 2” by 2', and is 8' 2” tall, which is plenty of room for now. I then constructed a false floor frame that was to be positioned approximately 16” above the floor. Once assembled, I built legs onto it for full support. The purpose of the false floor was to reduce the volume and to provide a place to store a CO2 tank. I then installed my floor. The ending design of the floor allowed for a few vents in the front and sides for air to come up through. I constructed an up-swinging door on the front of the false floor frame, and drilled some holes into it for the purpose of the air circulation design. I made an exterior frame that would have the room for my exhaust port as well as supporting the main doors. After these were in place, I went about installing Block-IR in the growing area. Everything is covered in it and sealed with foil tape. I then hung my carbon filter and extraction fan using bungee cables mounted from supports that had been installed before the IR insulation. So now, I had a no-vibration air system. Just under the fan and filter, I mounted a 2X4 length-wise to support the two 400 watt HPS systems that will be put into place as needed. This was then completely covered in foil tape. Since I don't have the space built to house the non-auto flowering types as I shape them into mothers, they will be in the closet for the short term. Good thing that the Easies are on a 20 on, 4 off schedule. I will just focus a few 6500k flouros on the moms to help balance the HPS light.
    So here we are. I planted all but 3 ER seeds so I can pollinate them with a couple ER's that I will reverse with colloidal silver solution(not organic, I know). So out of the 22 planted ER's, I am left with 20 that made it for the show. And all of the free seeds are up and well. They were just moved to solo cups from the starter spots. For the seeds, I soaked them for 24 hours, and then put them in continuously damp paper towels for about 48 hours. I then put them into standard nursery flats. The pictures attached are from 20 days after I put the cracked beans in the soil. After years of bagseeds, I am thoroughly amazed by how vigorous the bred seeds are. The ERs are most definitely different plants, and will be transplanted into 2 gallon grow bags for the duration of their life. They should start into flowering within the next week.
    I may as well go ahead and lay out my mediums. For seedlings, I use FF Light Warrior with GH Rare Earth lightly spread in. For most Veg. situations, I use 3/6 parts FF Happy Frog, 2/6 parts Light Warrior, and 1/6 parts FF Chunky Perlite with a good amount of Rare Earth Mixed in. My flowering mix is 7/16 Happy Frog, 5/16 Earth Juice Amazon Bloom, 2/16 Light Warrior, 2/16 Chunky Perlite, with flowering guanos and Rare Earth mixed in. When transplanting anything other than seedlings, I sprinkle a teaspoon of Rare Earth and mix into the immediate landing area for the rootball. For fertilizers I use OMRI listed nutrients that aren't fish based (not because of smell) or I make an aerated tea with guanos, castings, molasses, Earth Nectar and Earth Ambrosia, and as always a bit of Rare Earth.
    There will of course be more pictures and explanations as the days go on. The ERs should be very fun to watch, and I can't wait to clone the others. Any comments or questions are very welcome, and I hope everyone has a nice day.​

Attached Files:

2. nice looking setup man and the strains sound great!

best of luck with the grow dude :)

3. How are they growing?