Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Easy, Quick, Effective weed tea

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by weednbeer, Mar 7, 2011.

1. #21 Kronicsmoker, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2011
    Lol nvm

2. will this smell up the kitchen? if it doesn't this would be a great way to get high without leaving a smell in the house

3. Would it be possible to substitute the butter for honey? While I've never tried butter in tea, and accept that it's common in some areas, not feelin' it. So, if not, I guess I'll have to swallow my butter haha, but could it be replaced with honey?

If nobody gets back to me by this time day after tomorrow, I'll have an answer on here then- might be a waste, but I"m willing to sacrifice .5 for experimentation purposes.

4. thanks for the recipe, will use it one day!

5. I just made some really good tea. Had .5 of some really dank. Stuck that in a tea bag along with some butter a tablespoon or so, i think its important to actually stick the butter in the bag so the thc can extract best. On a 1 to 10 the relaxation is definitely a 9. definitely why i would want some nice weed tea to relax. I'll give it a 5 on a rating of HIGH as in head high euphoria high, Its really just relaxes you and it's real nice: ) add some bud with that and u got the body and the head high

6. also the waters gotta be really hot like boiling nothing less

7. No, honey is not a good medium for extraction. It can be infused but for a fast absorb like this tea it's not really much good. It's the butter in the tea that is going to extract the thc. You can still use honey to sweeten it. :)

8. I was literally wondering if you could make "Weed Tea" the other day.

Appears you can.
    :bongin:

Btw, what does this taste like? Because i know a lot of people dislike the taste of weed (when you eat it, not smoke it)

9. I wasnt aware that you can get high from stems. I would not want to drink stem tea thank you.

10. I've made weed tea on many occasions. But what I do is add water, whole milk or cream and/or butter and add a tea bag filled bud and let it all just infuse at a medium heat for like 30-60 minutes. Then strain it and serve. I have a friend who also makes tea but he does it in a unique way. He just takes straight up milk and adds a tea bag of weed to it and heats it up on a stove for 30-60 minutes and drinks it like that. Personally that way is pretty disgusting but it works.

There are many variations but they all follow the same principles:

1. Fat
    2. Heat (Not too much, not too little)
    3. Time

11. Does it stink? Should I do this in a bag or mason jar for the smell?

12. this is a great recipe. I shall try this later! any chance we could get a pictorial instructional diagram? haha

13. i just tried to do this and when i stuck my stems and butter in the microwave they started burning a bit haha guess my microwave is too strong. i just dumped the boiling water over the stems and butter, let it steep for maybe 5 mins and drank it. honestly, im pretty high, but i also mixed my damp stems with some peanut butter and crackers and ate em after i think that may have helped a little

14. stems have keif . it be better to grind to powder in coffee grinder and take keif off. IT would taste better too.

15. can i use coconut oil instead?

16. I don't have a way to measure out my stuff. Is there an easy way to figure out how much .5 grams is? I think i have enough but i'm not positive

17. tie a ruler to a pencil and balance it out add half a dollar and meassure till its balance again

18. [quote name='"austyn12"']

tie a ruler to a pencil and balance it out add half a dollar and meassure till its balance again[/quote]

(o_O)

• Like Like x 1
  19. I've seen this asked like 4 times but no answers. Does it stink? And I will be using finely ground bud. I wanna get ripped, is an eyeballed 1.5 too much? Quickest answers ar emost helpful :) :bongin:

20. I'd love to try this, as I am an avid tea drinker. But, I am completely new to edibles and such and I've never made cannaoil or cannabutter.

Unfortunately I live with my parents so I need a way to make the butter without using a stove or microwave. Here's what I was thinking, give me your opinions on how you think it'll work:

1. Heat butter on stove or in microwave until bubbly.
    2. Quickly transfer hot butter to glass bottle and mix in weed (enough to ensure that the weed is covered but not swimming). Swirl around in butter. (If this will work, how long should I let it set?)
    3. Brew a batch of favorite tea, then add to the glass bottle with the cannabutter. (Should I let this set?)

Thanks, and sorry if this post seems a little dumb. As I said before, I'm new to edibles/drinkables, but I'd love to start learning.