Easy question for you guys

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by greenies, Apr 20, 2013.

1. I'm about to do some pruning to my plant... Is there a specific area on the leaf/stem/branch you are supposed to cut? Is there a certain angle? Recommendations would be appreciated.

2. check out youtube they have some good tutorials on pruning techniques, but the easiest is probably topping IMO. just pinch off the top node and bam two more grow in its place.

3. How old is it?

4. Depends on what the size of the plant is. If your plant is a sativa and its 5-6 feet and flowering, then I would be cutting off all the water leaves down towards the bottom. Some people remove entire bottom branches, like the lower half of the plant. This is called lollipoping and it forces the upper flowers to really bloom into giant nugs (but that may not work with all strains). Sometimes you may end up with a smaller yeild if you chop too much.

5. Well here is the plant she is on week 2 of flowering. She is about 14 inches right now.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. I wouldnt prune anything if shes flowering. Id just tie back branches and fan leaves. What kinda lighting u got goin on?

7. #7 greenies, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
    2 65w 5500k CFL full spectrum bulbs
    2 105w 2700k CFL's
    8 23w 2700k CFL's
    This is my first grow. She has about 15 sites's Fimmed and Topped.

8. You might consider repotting this early on if you can do it with a minimum of stress so you can avoid your pot getting root bound - by your foot as a measure it looks like it's kind of a smallish pot for the size of the plant. After that you would have more room to spread out branches and hide fan leaves so more budsites can get more light. Maybe scrog it or start tying branches to even up and spread out the canopy. I've read you don't want to get into any mass pruning or topping/fimming after you've started flower because you don't want to overstress the plant and induce her to hermy.