Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by InTheGarden, Oct 2, 2012.

1. I use the brix blend in my compost bins and soil mixes. The micro-fines disappear in my worm bin and they claim it's water soluble. That's a good idea to top dress with micronized meals.

• Like Like x 4
  2. im wondering how well this mix at beginning of thread would work in already estblished soil mix in my raised beds, from what i got , starting over is out of question at todays rate on dry meals and fertilizers.
    by doing so if growing auto's would also work in the packaged described

• Like Like x 2
  3. I wouldn't even go that far. If your pH is ok and you have good aeration. I'd just scratch in some Espoma Tomato Tone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. And some EWC. Casting's go along way to reamending soils...

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. the box's on top behind the house i had that planned , i got two smaller boxs im fixing up for the auto's, they would be less noticeable.
    but i built a 6x6 box down the hill for peppers this year and need to fill it , i just built the frame right on top of the existing 8x8 spot were the timbers rotted out and that soil is very much stablized from years of use , i dont like to dig in it , i kinda just do the no till method on that box area, up behind the house i do break my soil for amends and such, i dont dig it up , just plunge a shovel in and bend it like a broad fork and add a bit of air and goodies as i go .
    im gonna go with some playground wood chips this year, they are sterlized , never again will i use the free stuff , im still battling them japanese bettles , not as bad but still there
    got on line a few years ago and they do have a killer chemical for it , but im not willing to try it, between me and mama we already take enough chemicals in our bodies .
    but ya thanks tim that was what i planned tomato tone and kelp just have no clue how much to use in the boxs and just wing it , always works , with my little bulldog gone i can close the foilage in were a auto or two would be so noticeable was the plan

• Like Like x 3
  6. only problem with ewc is they have run the cost of them so high , that im to using cow manure over it, my temps here i cant setup and run a worm farm and im sure enough bringing that into the house hahahahah
    not only that but if you arent raising and harvesting your own ewc there isnt any way of telling what you really do get

• Like Like x 3
  7. I hear you there. Casting's have gotten pretty high on the price side, I use Horse manure to make my compost, not as hot as cow manure, and they seem to be feed more alfalfa and high quality hay than the cows, at least don here where I am at.
    Peace.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I just use the application rate on the bag for my tomatoes. It sounds like you're going to have some nice plants this year my friend.

• Like Like x 3
  9. My girlfriend not only lets me bring my worm bins indoors. They are in the only place I can fit them, the bedroom.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. hope so, if i can ever figure a sweet spot that stop the mid day drooping, im tempted to put shade cloth above the garden and use a stick to move it across which ever is droopy during 2 to 5 over head lighting , during summer it gets dark around 10.
    from 2 to 5 each year it is like a wax garden hahah
    them kids tore them peppers up that i grew , so onions and hot peppers are on the plate for this year

• Like Like x 3
  11. this sissy girl of mine would take my head first hahahah

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. also thinking about filling that earth bed with okra
    okra has a huge tap root and will bust that soil up a bit down there ,the wife wants asparugus planted , but i need to know a spot that for sure i want move, them things grow for several years
    both of them will break that ground up though, use the plant to disc up that soil hahahah

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. I’m currently running coast of Maine all organic Stonington blend, mixed with the raised bed blend (50:50) 6 week veg today. Time to top dress???[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  14. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was away for 5 days. The ones that are light green and kind of shriveled up a bit were at the very bottom of the canopy. Some touching the dirt. I needed to defoliate a decent amount… still have some more work to do tomorrow I need to find out a way to acidify my water though, as my pH is above seven.. I bought some reverse osmosis water today. The pH on that still seems to be a tad high. Can I use citric acid powder or apple cider vinegar to dilute my 2 gallon sprayer a little bit at a time with the tad citric acid/apple cider vinegar?? Obviously I’ll check the pH— I feel the twisted new growth is caused by the high pH

• Like Like x 2
  15. Yeah, I kind of forgot that I’m using 650 W of LED and I only have a dimmer on the one. I think part of the triple new growth of us because my Light was a little bit too intense. I moved it up and it already looks better.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Any peatmoss will do? coarse grade, fine grade?
    For example this:
    Free Peat - Horticulture made in Holland
    They have fine to coarse grades. FP1 - FP7
    Peat Moss (freepeat.com)

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 3
  17. If you are in Europe, you might also have access to store bought Black Leaf mold. IMO it performs superior to peat moss. Its generally not available in the states, so you dont hear that much about it. Those of us that make our own leaf mold swear by it being awesome.
    Also- Biobizz is one of the common European available organic and dry amendments companies. Similar to Espoma or Dr Earth or Down to Earth that we have here in the states.
    Glad to see ya here doing some research and reading.
    Cheers
    Os

• Like Like x 1
  18. No, I am not from EU. Thank you bro.

19. I guess that is fine grade, cant tell for sure from the photo.