Easy Organic Soil Mix for Beginners

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by InTheGarden, Oct 2, 2012.

1. I dont mean to dwell on this but they must digest this for it to be effective correct ?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes. Catapillers have no problem munching greenery. Are you having issues with another pest? Pics?

3. No I only really have to deal with caterpillars and stem boars. For lack of a better term I'm not exactly sure what they're called but they tunnel through the stem and you shake the bud and then the whole thing Falls over. But this is all preventative because I've dealt with it before many times.I'm talking about an outdoor grow that is soon to take place. I'm just trying to get my force field ready.

4. I grow soley outside as of right now. Will be looking to try my hand at the indoor thing soon.just to clear it up. If this helps or makes a difference.

5. I live close to the equator so i veg inside and let Mother Nature handle the flower.

6. I deal with borers but as long as I keep plant health optimal and IPM I haven’t seen one since.
    Here’s some Skywalker and Sour Tangie spears for you.
    41B7BEE0-DDAE-418A-8551-2B06DC11E77A.jpeg DBBF3BF8-50AA-4540-85E4-ECD6BBDD868D.jpeg 91719BDA-1C60-48E1-BA17-428A8910F267.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's likely all caterpillar damage as that sounds like exactly what they do. Cut off the best top buds.

BT works best applied once a week every week as the tiny just hatched catties get established in the growing bud and if you start treating to late they are to deep to eat treated plant material and you'll get damage even spraying.

My veg shed is not secure so moths find their way in drawn by the light leaks and I'll get Damage on the veg stage if I don't start spraying even them at a young age.
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. As for it's organic qualities BT is rapidly destroyed by sunlight in a few hours so it has no real staying power on the plants either.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  9. Well thanks for the info.i guess it really all comes down to preventitive measures.

10. Have you ever tryed using using deluted lavender oil?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Now if i do decide to brew tea should i use a bpa free barrel?

12. Yes, spike lavender EO.

It’s up to you. I’ve done all my teas in 5 gal buckets and live stock tanks.

13. Ok just curious.now one question about molases.ive always used unsulpherd hi brix molases.but the other day i read that a guy used livestock molases in his teas?so which is better for teas.

14. And about the lavender.what do you mean spike lavender EO? Plus there must be other essential oils peppermint oil or stuff like that you can dilute use to I would think. Mostly the reason I ask is because my wife is big into essential oils so there's an abundance around the house. I'll go searching for some articles in a while. Thanks again for your input.

15. Unsulphered Hi Brix molasses and livestock molasses are pretty much the same thing.

In fact, down here (DeepSouth), you'll rarely find blackstrap molasses in a kitchen, but mainly in a barn as it's mainly used just for animal feeds and lighter, more refined molasses is used for cooking/eating.

I just snag a gallon of the Hi Brix used as deer attractant just before hunting season when it's on sale. IIRC, there is "Livestock Molasses" somewhere on the label. Well under $10/gallon on sale.

Wet

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thanks ill probably go with livestock then.it pretty much sounds like all these fert companys are taking advantage of us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. No I read somewhere when you're Brewing your tea you should keep it at a temperature of 70 degrees for optimal microbe growth? Have you ever heard anything about mad or doesn't make that much of a difference? Like I said I'm new to this organic growing so sorry for all the questions.

18. In discussions with Microbeman temperature plays a big part. Warmer temps reproduce microbes faster. Now that being said, how do you know what you are brewing? You need to scope and make sure you are not breeding some nasty microbe wanting to wreak havoc on your microbial environment, or better yet salmonella. I just watched a growmie scope his last tea and he had some bad shit going on, he narrowed it down to his bags, but he wouldn’t have seen it unless he scoped.

On your EO question;
    http://priede.bf.lu.lv/grozs/AuguFi...s/Naturally Occurring Bioactive Compounds.pdf

@wetdog Matson just settled with the EPA in 2017 for dumping 200,000+ galllons of molasses in Honolulu harbor 2013. Sea life doesn’t care for it....

• Like Like x 2
  19. So why do all these people brew teas?i mean if you never really know what your brewing seems like a bad idea.

20. Teas are fine. You should know what is in a compost tea. A botanical extract using water is vastly different from densely rich composted material.

• Like Like x 2