Easy Nutes for Dummies

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Imalittleteapot, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Ok i have seen so many people asking, and even more people posting BS on nute regimens and feeding schedule. It really is not as complicated as a lot of people have made it.

I give fault to the nutrient companies that are trying to make a buck. They separate what you need into different bottles so they can make more money off of you.

There is no need to have to by 5 or 6 or 10 differnt bottles of nutes.

There is an easier way!!

My plants get everything they need from 3 bags. THATS ALL!!! I spend ~$50 on nutes and it lasts and lasts and lasts. It also keeps my plants perfectly healthy.

So what do i use? General Hydroponics Powders. Cheap yet very effective.

Maxi Grow is a 10-5-14 and also has all the micro nutrients needed. $13.99
    1 tablespoon per 5 gal bucket is roughly 250ppms
    Depending on how big they are i use 1-3 Tablespoons per 5gal bucket with great results.

Maxi Bloom is 5-15-14 and has all the micro nutrients needed. $13.99
    I use the same nute/feeding as Maxi Grow.

Kool Bloom is 2-45-28 and is used as a BLOOM BOOSTER $26.99
    I use 2 Tablespoons per 5 gal bucket

The feeding schedule depends on how long your vegging and flowering for.

MaxiGrow for Week 2-4 of Veg
    Maxi Bloom for last week of Veg as well as all the way until Final Flush
    Kool Bloom for the last 4 weeks of Flower before Final Flush

I have been doing this For multiple grows and the proof is in the pudding.
    I pull 3-5 oz per plant depending on strain and veg time.

I have used Fox Farm, Botanicare and Canna. As well as organics.

I personally like organics a lot but in my situation its just not feasible.

This method is by far the easiest, cheapest way to get great Top Shelf Buds.

I hope this clears some issues up for some people. If it helps one then it was worth it.

Good Luck

-Teapot

Ps. here are a few pics of the pudding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I was glad to see you liked organics Teapot. I personally run homemade soil/living organics and like the "no nutes" method...lol

+ rep. :)

J

3. Yeah i really liked it. The final product was the smoothest best tasting bud i have ever smoked. But right now i just dont have the resources to keep up on a fully organic grow.

When i move again to a larger place with a nice big yard i plan on going back to Organics. I have a Veggy/Herb garden in the plans as well. maybe a cold frame or small greenhouse. then also have my indoor medical garden. It really is the best way to grow top shelf meds.

4. Thank you for this post Teapot. You're absolutely right - the nutrient companies and culture in general have turned what is the simplest thing in the world - gardening, into a complicated hobby for many; especially newer up and coming gardeners. Take a look around thought the Indoor Growing forum at how many (very unnecessary!) issues there are - every day!

It's gardening for crying out loud! Lol

Thanks again.

J

5. Much agreed. There is a lot of money wasted in this industry by alot of growers. I also used to spend $100's on bottled nutes. Now I use about $50 worth of organic goodies that last the entire season for me. Much happier now, and so are my plants.

6. Yeah i missed the ease of use of organics and decided i should try and find a way to keep it easy yet effective.

I came back to GrassCity and was amazed with all the BS i see about this nute and that nute and people saying that you NEED and HAVE to use THIS or THAT OR your plants will suck.

people dont realize its called WEED for a reason. Its a freakin weed. Nute companies are only a few decades old....who was giving our favorite weed their scheduled nute dosage before that?

lol

TONS of wasted money. I remember going in and buying my first round of nutes. I bought the ENTIRE fox farm line up. I dont even want to do the math:rolleyes:

7. well if anyone has any they would like to get rid of im buying :)

8. go buy some Maxi Grow. its cheaper :smoking::smoking::smoking:

9. this shit works, its way to easy to not try.

10. I really want to thank you all, especially Teapot!! You have no idea just how helpful your post is to me, I'm a new grower which should say it all! I've been so worried about what nutes to get and how many different ones that its drove me nuts up until now. Thanks to all for your input, my mind is at ease now and so are my plants.
    Alisa

11. Hey teapot.
    We use dry powder chemicals for our nutes but they are not from a nute company. The recipe came from an old Dutch guy and the cost savings are incredible. They also work way better than the GH and AN recipes we used to use and our yields are the same as yours using large clones and veg for 4 weeks and bud for 6 so 10 week total grow time

12. sweet dude...some old dutch guy eh? :rolleyes:

what is the nutrient break down?

13. I'm curious about the old Dutch guy as well...

And I wanted to bump this.

J

14. Love the pictures, love the advice, and those plants just look great!

Keep it up!

15. Yeah man im really likin your results from such a simple and cost affective fornula. What strain is that btw?

16. the strain is Dynamite. The plants would be a little better looking if i would have been home the last 3 weeks. due to unforeseen circumstances i have only been able to see my garden once a week since the begining of october. so they got a little neglected. ill be home soon so my 25 girls in their 2nd week of flower should turn into some QP trees.

17. #17 420patient, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2012
    "TONS of wasted money. I remember going in and buying my first round of nutes. I bought the ENTIRE fox farm line up. I dont even want to do the math"

$4o Trio
    $80 Suludible
    $70 for the other 3

And thats online i know they are like 1 1/2 time's more expensive at my local shop.

18. Hell yeah man im excited to see what you end up with. They are lookin pretty good doesn't look like youv'e neglected them to much at all.

19. My first nute purchase was a ph kit, a couple measuring cups, house & garden cocos base a &b, and three "sample" bottles of h&g drip clean, roots excelurator, and amino treatment. Sample bottles being those little amber bottles with the dropper caps. I believe my total was around $150 out the door... I almost threw up when the cashier told me that. Ill probably get through 3 or 4(if im lucky) 2 plant micro grows with the samples. Id like to try this out next and see how far it'll take me, thanks for the info.

20. I run a similar mute regimen. 3 bags earth juice seablast. Grow, transition, bloom. Each bag is adjusted with the proper micro nutirents for the stage of development. No need to ph test EVER, and you only use 1 tsp per gallon max. An you can goose o do a constant fees or ever 2 weeks. Makes t easy for anybody to grow. I do use a couple extra additives but that's my personal choice. I use silica blast, vitamino, and Oregonism Xl as well but you don't need it. I pull 3-4 oz average using these. Each bag is about $20. Happy growing!