easy feeding formula for plants,using bubblebucket[newbie]

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Ganja*man, May 12, 2008.

1. so,i want to note that english is my second language,and i cant understand everything that is written in guides.

maybe somebody can give me a simply instructions about feeding.

if ill make a bubblebucket,problem is that i dont undersand feeding formulas / like LUCAS f-la. so how and what kind of them i should mix,during vegg. and flowering?

today went to garden shop and saw some nutrients,but the choice is limited. there were
    15-0-0 ; 7-6-5 ; 3-6-7 ; 5-6-6 ; 6-6-5 and no more nutrients.

so - how can i make a simply feeding formula,and what kind of nuttriens should i look for? when,and how i need to add them etc. ?

please learn me how to make it,cuz this is the only place where i can get inform..

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
    0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (24/0)
    0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

so-what is Grom/Micro and Bloom [which of those nutrients i wrote- i could use? ]

2. no comments? :confused:

3. <HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>
    General Hydroponics Flora Series Feeding Strategy - Lucas Formula

G-M-B (Grow-Micro-Bloom)
    0-5-10 - For Vegetative cycle (18/6)
    0-8-16 - For Flowering cycle (12/12)

This is basically telling you that you need to purchase two different bottles of nuntrients

The two bottles are made by general hydroponics.

They are

Flora Micro
    Flora Bloom

Using the lucas formula for every 1 Us gallon in your resovior is you would add 5 ml of flora micro and 10 ml of flora bloom.

so lets say your res is 7 gallons then:

7gal*5ml= 35 ml flora Micro
    7gal*10ml= 70 ml Flora Bloom

this is basic idea for veg.

then for flower

7gal*8ml= 56ml flora Micro
    7gal*16ml=112 ml Flor Bloom

you can find an example of these nuntrients at this site. but you can find them basically anywhere online.

http://www.hydroempire.com/store/index.php/cPath/6_48_75/sort/2a/page/1

there are many other feeding methods for hydroponics, however this is a tested,popular common method used by many. you should consider it because of it's simplicity.
    even the addback method for different conversion meters and different resovior sizes is a simple provided mathmatic formula. and no matter what language you speak we all speak the same in math. :)

hope this helps,
    TeXas

4. You really need an EC meter to measure the amount of dissolved solids in your water and a pH meter to check your pH.

If you start with water that has a high concentration of dissolved solids, you really don't know what your plant is getting. If your tap water has a high PPM, you may need to purchase an RO unit. I also find the nute levels on the Lucas formula a little high for some of my strains. So, start with a weaker concentration and work up. Too high a concentration of nutes can kill your plants in a matter of hours.

You need a pH meter to check the pH of your solution. Plants can only uptake nutrients within certain pH ranges--MJ likes pH about 5.8.