easy/cheap water removal tool

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by CosmonautKing, Dec 6, 2017.

1. hey there grow buddies, cosmo here. i just wanted to make a quick suggestion for anyone struggling with watering/removal. im pretty new here so this is aimed more twords new and broke people wanting an easy solution. but iv found that lifting my planters and water trays all the time to be EXTREMELY annoying, and a possible cause of stress with all the jostling around? well anywho, iv always used the small syringe types to just suction it out like a pump.... AND THEN IT HIT ME.... i need a BIG ONE.
    these freaking things have made my life so much easier.... regardless of trays or a bucket with a pip hole in the side.... i prefer the off brand ones as they have a pointed tip, which makes hard to reach areas, easy, and they fit through my screen

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. excellent idea

3. or a shop vac is like 35$ at walmart.. even faster than manually doing it

4. That's a pretty cool idea. Way to use your head. I could suck up my runoff, if I chose, in one shot. I used a shopvac in the beginning, but it's a pain lugging it up into my grow room(attic). And the inside is wet and gets kinda nasty inside when I vacuum up dirt, dust. Etc.

5. its a shop vac i clean mine out after i suck up water and the dirt it just goes outside, mine is mayve 5gallons so it not very big its perfect for the grow room, plus the attachments make kt easy to reach all the way out

6. Great idea, but iv read alot of stuff saying to avoid vacuums because IF you have any sort of contamination, it's the easiest way to make it airborne, and recirculated. But a nice small pool pump that could be dedicated would probably be really convenient.