Easy and Simple PC Grow Box Build

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by dudenochance, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Hey everybody, I've only done outdoors but have been inspired to try an indoor

micro grow and I see a lot of people have questions on how to build one

thinking its really complicated so I decided to make a simple one that will work

as well. well here it goes :smoke:]

First I ordered my case of tiger direct, no power supply and added two computer fans an 80mm and a 120mm. I gutted the inside of the PC and decided I would use

white computer paper instead of mylar because it is reflective as well but will keeps the temps a bit cooler. I then Velcro'd a power strip (surge protector) to the top

back side. I got light adapters from Home Depot that plug directly into the strip and you can screw alightbulb into it. for the fans I followed

I then plugged that into the power strip with the lights. For a Carbon filter I followed nugglord_420 idea here http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/281136-how-cheap-easy-efficient-diy-carbon-scrubber.html

only exception is I'm putting the activated carbon into the panty hose then into the little black thing coming off the back of my case, with a simple screen to hold the

panty hose in there. I then went around my case light proofing it with electric tape. my lights are 2x42w @6500k and 1x42 @ 2700k.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Subbed. Wow that is an awesome filter setup for the PC +rep

3. What are the dimensions of your pc case?

4. 16" long, 16" tall, 7" wide... its actually 17" long but the first inch is the plastic snap on

front but that inch is pretty useless for me except for tucking wires into

5. That's about the same size as mine, save I could get a small 3x3 inch component out of the top right of my box.

6. i don't know what you mean? you want to build a 3x3 component out the top of

your box? for what? a filter?

7. had to switch both fans to exhaust and use passive intake to keep temps down, they were

reaching 87F but now staying a good 75-78 :hello:

8. subbed man good luck

9. added a 4th light and also 10F so i was hitting 88s, moved the fan from the bottom from to

the top of the back up close near the lights brought it right now to 76.3F. Seeds just

popped from germing will get some pics once they've grown up a little bit

10. bump - started my journal check it out

11. Awesome work!

Doing something similar myself... Can you provide more details on how you lightproofed/carbon scrubbed the fans?

12. I would turn the lights in case on and then my room lights off anyplace I saw light coming out I would

open the case and covet the leeks with electric tape, light still leaks out the fans though, still working

on that and everything for the carbon is in the link above or you need to ask a specific question

13. temps in the 80's is fine for most strains, i keep mine warm during the day, so it closer replicates the cooling cycle of natural outdoors at night :)

14. I wouldn't worry about low 80s but 88-92 in my pc box would kill the humidity, im at about 76-79 day and 62-70 at night

15. Computer took a fall so no pic updates till friday or Saturday but changed up the filter box to improve light proofing will have pics up in a few days

16. I've seen both nugglords and the micro carbon scrubber tut's on this site, however I am having difficulty understanding how you enclosed it on the back of the case like that.

I am assuming that's a 4" black duct flange? Then you just filled pantyhose with carbon and shove it in there with a vented cap?

Also, how did you lightproof the passive air intakes in the front of the case?

Thanks!

17. the duct came with the case and was inside it, I've removed it and attached a box with a layer if

electrical tape on the back with the carbon bag and a black bandana over opening to let air flow but

no light, the front I hung a draping of foil you could call it about 3/4 and on the other side about 1/2

way up letting air in but minimal light, kind of like turns in a hallway I guess

18. Subbed too,how much do you think you will get in such a small space???I started some in a small cabnet,but thinking about getting an hps and going bigger to increase buds.'m finding it hard for me to make a plant bud at 4-5 inches tall.,lol

19. Hoping 15-28g+, strain is supposed to be 14-36g, I've got pretty good lights, good soil and getting nutes soon

20. Awesome -- can't wait to compare notes with you... I have a 26" server case with 4 23w CFL's that i'm finishing lightproofing... Good luck! :hello: