easy and safe homemade bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by dreamtheater, Apr 13, 2009.

1. After seeing all these threads about people using pen caps and god knows what else as bowls I have decided to share another one of my designs.... because I dont like people dying(even if the pen cap doesnt looks like its melting I garuen-fucking-te you it is still releasing nasty toxins you wouldnt want to be smoking!)
    the apple is god's pipe but I for one like hitting my weed filtered, so all you do is use a bic to poke a hole all the way through the apple, and insert a straw in the bottom. Get a gatorade bottle(has to be the wider mouth) press hard and place the apple on the bottle, now all you have to do is fill it with h20 and poke a hole near the top of the bottle for the mouth piece. You can add another hole for a carb or you can just lift the apple up like a slide.
    a little bit awkward to hit but apple and straw> pen cap, aluminum foil, ratchet, bolt, tape ect..

2. If the plastics from a pen melt, whether from a pen cap or a pen used as stem.. etc., what makes you think the thinner plastic of a straw won't also melt under the same tempeatures. Just my opinion.

3. the flame isnt touching the straw, and the smoke is already cooled somewhat traveling through the apple once it touches the straw, its not perfect by any means, in fact the right pen tubing would probably work better. this is just one of the easiest bongs to make and works great if you need to toke somewhere and dont want any evidence afterwards

4. I wasn't even thinking of the apple cooling but I get what you mean. Idk I can make something to smoke outta with anything.. But for now I'll stick with my peices or even my smoke-less bullet type thing made completly free via a walmart trip.

Happy Smoking,
    Brad

5. I made a homemade bong out of a 7-up 2liter, a hollowed out marker as a slider, window screen as a screen, and metal for the bowl, it should last me a while, I smoked a few g's out of it and it's still going strong, the small mouth hole on top holds in the smoke really well, if I cap the hole after I'm done ripping the bowl, a ton of smoke builds up inside that I can hit 1-2 extra times

6. im sorry for reviving this old thread, but im really interested in making a safe homemade bong, in terms of not inhaling plastic fumes and nasty shit...

What i'm currently using (temporarily, i hope) is a gatorade bottle with 2 holes: una as carb and one where I stuck a plastic pen really tight. As a bowl im using a round nut tool. I just put it on top of the pen and sits there perfectly..

What worries me is that im not sure if im burning the plastic or not. I dont think the flame can actually touch the pen, but im not sure if the heat of the burning weed or the smoke could be somehow releasing any toxics..

Im planning on buying some sort of metal tube and getting a bigger bottle, etc, but in the meantime i dont want to be doing something stupid

Oh and btw, please dont recomend me to buy a glass bong. thats what id love to do but i live in a country where you dont have headshops around the corner, and im lucky to have a glass spoon and a grinder.

in advance, thanks for any comment or suggestion

7. or your could buy a downstem and bowl for 15 bucks from your Headshop and go from there