Easter?! WTF

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by SamsonsRiddle, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Why do so many christians celebrate easter when the bible never says to do so?

It seems as though most christians are more set in their way then they are open to the truth of god's word. A quick research of history shows the pagan origins of easter and christmas.

Ishtar, Astarte, the fertility goddess had a festival in the spring to celebrate the "rebirth" of plant life.
    [​IMG]

The festival was a time for everyone to go out and get laid, celebrating fertility. Hell, the symbols should be plain to anyone with any kind of intelligence. Rabbits, eggs, and the like are obviously pagan symbols that christians re branded with absurd ideas of how it represents the resurrection of christ.

The whole idea of good friday to sunday goes completely against the only sign jesus promised to give of "the sign of jonah, 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the earth".

First, the calendar used by the bible starts at sunset and ends at sunset, as demonstrated by the first chapter of genesis and throughout the bible including jesus' time on earth. Jesus was crucified at 9 a.m. and died at 3 p.m. according to the bible. So if he died friday afternoon, then a new day (and sabbath) would start at sunset that day. It doesn't add up any way you try to make it fit, yet people still believe it.

[​IMG]

Second, the word "easter" is in the KJV once in Acts 12:4. It is a mistranslated word, which is easily verifiable with a concordance like the one used here:
    Act 12:4 - And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter(πάσχα - pascha) to bring him forth to the people.
    g3957
    πάσχα - pascha - the paschal feast, the feast of the Passover, extending from the 14th to the 20th day of the month Nisan

Basically, it was another holiday that god didn't instruct us to celebrate and takes us away from the ones he did want us to celebrate outlined in Leviticus 23. The whole festival "season" lays out the plan of salvation already, and doesn't need man to add in his own festivals.

If you think I'm wrong (this isn't what i say but the word of god), then go ahead and prove FROM THE WORD OF GOD that we are supposed to celebrate man's festivals and ignore god's.

2. Things change

3. Yah Yeshua! So his last meal was a sedar for Pasach (Passover)

• Like Like x 1
  4. If you think I'm wrong (this isn't what i say but the word of god), then go ahead and prove FROM THE WORD OF GOD that we are supposed to celebrate man's festivals and ignore god's.

Are you able to prove that the written word in any bible is "the word of God"? Without said "bible", of course...

You cannot. It's just another Sunday... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. He is risen! Now go eat eggs!

6. I celebrate Easter because my mother makes macaroni and gives me money and chocolate. It's wonderful stop trying to FUCK it up.

• Like Like x 2
  7. So what does your good book say about celebrating the so-called "birthday" of your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ? Is that bunk too?

8. "Resurrection was a common theme in most ancient religions. The Greek god Dionysus had been brought back from death, so had the Egyptian god Osiris, the Hindu god Ganesha, a hero from Finnish mythology, and a Japanese goddess."

9. Literally every christian holiday was stolen from one Pagan tradition or another. I just celebrate the correct holiday and let the christians do their thing. I realized years ago that trying to tell them what they are actually celebrating will do no good and they will just ignore you. This year I enjoyed the spring solstice and only screamed a few blasphemous things to christians I saw at the gas station just for kicks. It is pretty insulting to me that christians are unable to see that everything they are doing is just a modified form of Paganism that replaces everything that is tangible and sacred to Pagans with what is essentially a blind faith in fairy tales. I won't argue that there are positive stories and moral lessons in the bible, in fact I see it as one of the most historically important pieces of literature in all of history, but I will argue that placing a blind faith into these stories is dangerous.

Spiritually I am a Nordic Pagan and I see nature as the only constant in this world and it makes far more sense to me to celebrate things that are actually happening like seasonal changes, full moons, no moons, etc. Philosophically I am a secular Lucifarian and I believe that ritual meditation on ancient Mesopotamian and Babylonian demonology is very enlightening towards self-deification. It helps me focus my disdain towards christianity into more productive things, although yelling at them from a car while blasting black metal is just fun because their faces are priceless.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It sure is. One easy way to verify this is by the part where it says while he was born their were shepherds out in the field tending their flocks. There is no way they would be out in the fields tending their flocks during the middle of winter.

11. The people who call themselves christians and do the opposite of what the bible says is what Jesus would call "HYPOCRITES!"

Mat 15:7
    Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
    [​IMG] Mat 15:8
    This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
    [​IMG] Mat 15:9
    But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

12. Heb 13:8
    Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

13. Yeah, by the holy spirit.

14. I would also like to reference my above post where i indicated you can find out god's actual festivals in leviticus 23.

15. That has nothing to do with people celebrating Easter but alright. You have every right to get triggered by people collecting plastic eggs filled with candy.

16. the resurrection was for the firstfruits day during unleavened bread, but the "christians" don't even know what a "high sabbath" is.

17. It isn't about me, its about going against what god says to do and looking down upon anyone who questions the worldly traditions it holds so dear. wouldn't it be better to celebrate the truth rather than revel in a lie?

18. and to further clarify. Jesus was the word of god made flesh. so basically, the word of god doesn't change.

things change, but the word of god is the same yesterday, today, and forever. simple

19. It's the interpretations of Christianity that change. There is said to be 41,000 diff Christian denomonations so pick wisely.

20. Book of squidrick 1:1
    And so I say unto you, I giveth not any fucks unto thine biblical quotes for thy religion is a scam.

If you want people from outside of your religion to take you seriously then using bible quotes isn't the best route to take. I mean the bible is open to interpretation and you may think that the second quote you used from Matthew 15:8 is relevant to the situation, however, I interpreted this as Jesus just wanting a blowjob from somebody who actually likes him instead of just some hooker.