Eastbound and Down[Will Ferrell, Danny McBride]

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by MoonJuice, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Yesterdayz episode was mad funny, I love how his brotha just told that bitch off

2. hahaha yesterdays episode was my favorite, stevie is gettin to be pretty hilarious.

i love this show

3. #23 MoonJuice, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    To this point I think the third episode is the strongest, followed closely by the fifth. I was really disapointed by Will Ferrell's lack of funny on this show though, I mean hypothetically, you would think Danny McBride and WF would collide and create this comedic supernova in their scenes together but to be honest, it was more like a black hole of static.
    Anyways, season finale this sunday.

And just to be clear, fuck that other EB&D thread, you've seen it, there's really no competition. Make sure to post your final reactions in this thread and thanks for taking part.

4. Wow just got finished watching the season finale. I think the way it ended it's definitely coming back for another season.... April finally shows her cans :D

5. yeah, best opening shot (besides when he decks that guy in the face); I've never been more disappointed to see those words on the screen.

6. Dude, the finale was quite interesting. That dude that got his hopes up and made him "2-year lease" that Esca.. I mean, Denali. Shit is funny as fuck. I can't wait til the next season comes on. I'm glad my DirecTV came with three free months of all the 500-550 channels. I doubt the next season will be starting during that free trial period so I might end up having to add HBO to my package.....maybe some Skittles.

"Just tell him I wanna talk to him as Kenny Powers: the man, not Kenny Powers: the legend."
    -Kenny Powers

[​IMG]

7. Okay before anyone gets their hopes up, as it stands right now, more than likely, there isn't going to be a second season, ratings weren't very good to say the least.

Anyways, I thought the ending was beyond PERFECT. I'm talking ingenious-status, it really made-up for a lot of the lowest-common denominator shit we had to wade through to get there. I'll do a short series write-up tomorrow when I have more time but I just had to throw that out there. The sixth episode may have been my favorite of the season and the third ep.'s the only reason I didn't write the word "outright".

8. Listen here you beautiful bitch, I'm about to fuck you up with some truth.

-Kenny Powers

9. haha dude will ferrell as the car salesmen is hilarious

10. Damn the ending was so depressing. Too much drama I just want to see the funny shit.

"I thought the blacks in New York were bad but theyre nothing compared to the fags you got out here."

11. the ending was so dark... that was the ultimate dick move, like after everything Kenny Powers has done, and everything he has learned and been through, he bitches out and leaves April disgraced and ruined.

fuckin' love this show!!!

12. #32 Feelin'Alright, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    I hate the fact that besides being a fucking well written show, with all the God-damn pizazz of a Ringling Brothers and Barnum Bailey Circus, it can't garner enough fans to get a fucking second season. That's just what they want you to think, those pussies. Kenny Powers will prevail and the mother fucking Big Show better be ready for it.

Now check this shit for some schooling to the brain:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbINzFjlZJo"][​IMG][/ame]

edit: Kenny Powers told me to write all that, sorry if it was too explicit.

13. #33 MoonJuice, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2009
    I actually saw it as one of the more unselfish moves he's made, he knew and finally accepted he was going down and made the conscious decision not to drag her down with him this time.

It ended perfectly.
    I'm hoping if they do get more seasons that Jody Hill directs all the episodes, his stuff was hands-down, the best sans ep.3 which was, IMO the best stand-alone episode of the season.

14. "$10 fucking dollars!?"

that show has put me into laughter that i haven't had since i saw flight of the conchords for the first time.

15. so it really is over? damn :(

16. A friend just introduced me to this show and I watched it all yesterday. AMAZING. Calling it a comedy doesn't do it enough justice.

17. Another major fan here...watched the first season multiple times already!

"Kenny Powers step into my office...let's do some BLOW!"

18. This show is hands down the funniest show on TV. I can't wait till this summer for the new episodes. I really hope they keep this show going for a long time. Does anyone know how many seasons they are gonna do yet?

19. if even another full season ^^^^

hbo only does 1 MAYBE 2 seasons of a show

20. Depends on the show. Some last long, some don't. I myself have seen every hbo series since Arli$$ (damn good show) and it just depends with some of them.

For example Deadwood was "supposed" to do another season but they ended it out of nowhere. I read on the internet that it was because the actors where trying to get more $$ but I don't know if that's true. Either way they ended the series.

Rome seams as if they didn't want to do a long series, kinda like that John Adams series and Band Of Brothers, and others. They wanted to focus on certain people, and once u tell that persons story there is nothing else to produce.

Other shows obviously just don't get ratings. So they end em.

I thought that HBO picked up another season of this show. Am I wrong?