East Valley, AZ (Gilbert)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by hatefulthings, May 30, 2010.

1. Hey everyone, what's shakin'? I'm new here (both to this forum and this city), so just saying what's up. Anyone else in the East Valley of Arizona? =)

2. Livin in Phoenix. Welcome to the city.

3. Awesome! I've quickly learned this town is freaking huge...I mean... Portland, OR isn't exactly small, but compared to Phoenix? Jeeeze :D

4. im also from phoenix but the north side & i will b moving back to the valley in 17 days

5. Az ftw.!
    even thought its too fucking hott :eek:

6. You can say, I move back and forth around Gilbert & Elliot. ;)

Welcome to the board!

7. Are you originally from Portland?
    My parents moved from the Portland area to Tucson a year or so ago. I drove down and visited them last summer.

It's quite a change, isn't it? :D
    I can't take all the dry, hot, desert stuff myself. I need green and trees and lush plant life.

All I could think while driving through Arizona was "if I got lost out here... I'd be dead in like 6 hours." :poke:

Welcome to the City, BTW. :smoking:

8. Heheheh, I thought the same thing! I guess it's something like an acquired taste living in Arizona! Got to the point where I don't mind it anymore, but love it when I'm back in the bay! :wave:

I love Portland though, such a beautiful city!

9. Indeed I am originally from Portland. Lived there all my life (well, with a four year stint in Corvallis for school) and just moved out here last September. Went through some biiig health problems so I was in hospital/rehab (not drug/booze rehab, physical therapy rehab) for like five months. Now that I'm finally out and healthy, well, I still feel as if I'm new here. Whereabouts in Portland are you from?

And for all of ya'll from the area, what are some good things to do for fun around here? I'm pretty happy being in a bigger city as it gets a hell of a lot more concerts than Portland. Mayhem and Uproar, here I come...:D

10. Welcome from the North valley :)

11. Well there really is nothing to do in Arizona honestly. I mean in Phoenix you can go join a gang (don't). But really gotta find a hobby to keep you busy in Arizona. Especially around the area you are.

:hello: I'd give it 3.

And now it's getting bad because the South side of Arizona all these racist assholes are moving here.

I'm glad we don't have humidity like other states. I went to Flordia during summer, and as soon as you stepped off the plane it was bad. And I visited my friend in Louisiana, and around his neighborhood girls were wearing sports bras, and booty shorts. While guys wore just shorts. Fuck humidity.

12. Well shit, no gangs? I suppose video games and movies will have to do for now...at least until I get to know some more people. :wave:

13. Welcome from tempe/chandler area :hello: :bongin: