Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

East Coast Edibles

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by KushMyAsss, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Has anyone encountered decent edibles on the East Coast (I'm near Philly\Jersey)? I recently started making my own and a lot of people have come to me and said they have never tried an edible and a lot of the people who HAVE tried some said they weren't great. Just wanted to see what people havr come across out there!

Sent from my Z828 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm on the east coast, on the Chesapeake Bay, well, Virginia, to be truthful. Totally illegal state. I make my own edibles and it has been a process that's changed over the years. I used to do the canna butter thing, but didn't know about decarb. Still made some decent edibles. My process now is to make BHO with decarbed cannabis, weigh it and use a gram or two (depending on how dank the cannabis is- I usually get mids) to make the desired amount of coconut oil for my recipe. You can figure out doses by using the dry weight of the cannabis- how many grams of cannabis makes this number of cookies and then divide. If 28 grams makes 28 cookies they are a gram a piece and you would start with 1/4 cookie for a 0.25 gram dose. The main thing I have learned is to try and be consistent with dosages if you are giving them to other people. I only experiment on myself. I think my edibles are great. One factor (for me) with edibles is that if I eat a strong edible one day it will take a few days before I get high off an edible again. I highly recommend PSam's Another Tincture thread to learn to make a consistent tincture which can be used as is, or used for cooking with a solvent transfer to oil. I made some coconut cannabis caps with tincture and they turned out awesome. Bad Kitty Smiles has a great tutorial in eh edibles sub forum, too. Good luck, mate. Those canna caps are so cool- totally stealth- no odor, no smoking, just a smooth clean high.