Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Easiest Weed Tea Recipe [Microwave]

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by wizkhalifa1, Sep 21, 2010.

1. #61 lambgabriel, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
    k so last night was a fail... it got me a little bused and didnt work. I think it didnt work because i didnt staple it so everything got out of the tea bag. Im making another one tonight and ill post the results further on. And also, last night when i drank mine i was on a full stomach and im drinking mine before eating dinner.

2. #62 wizkhalifa1, Oct 10, 2010
    THC is fat soluble. To break down the fat and cholesterol in your body, your liver and gall bladder produce an ezyme in your bile to break them down, absorb them properly, and eliminate them. If your gall blader or/and liver do not work properly, or are unhealthy, they will not break down and absorb the oils or fats the THC is stored in, properly, and some or all of the THC will be eliminated through the bowels. Its not the edible, its you mate.

3. He could have over boiled and destroyed it. It's very easy to do, the microwave doesn't heat evenly and it tends to superheat oil.

People turn their backs for just a second, and their edible goes from under-processed, to completely ruined... there is no happy medium with the microwave. In other words, it would take just as long as it does on the stove top to extract all the herbs potential, and it would be far more tedious a process because you'd need to heat momentarily, then stop, allow to cool, and repeat this process for up to several hours.

When using the microwave to create a fast edible from scratch, you need to accept that you are sacrificing the efficiency of the herb, because the heat needs to be quickly -stopped- prior to becoming too intense, which would cause your cannabinoids to burn and vaporize. You need to be very, very careful when using the microwave to either process, or reheat edibles.

That's one of the main reasons the microwave is, when possible, generally to be avoided when processing edibles. I specifically remind friends and family not to re-heat their edibles in the microwave when I give them out. If they feel they must be warm when consumed, I make certain they are aware that they are far better off using a longer, lower heat in the oven, than a short hot burst in the microwave.

This is still a valuable recipe for those in a situation where time is of the essence, but it must be done properly, and with a high fat content liquid, or it won't work very well at all.

4. #64 lambgabriel, Oct 10, 2010
    Well, i didn't use a microwave. I used some kind of water heater. But tonight, i made it again but with 1.5 gram of Blueberry and stapled it so the weed wont fall out like it did last night.I boiled the water and than i added milk, vegetable oil, butter and the weed but in that tea bag. i did that and now, two hours later, Im really high. First time trying edibles. And i like it.Last night was a fail cause i put it in the water heater but didnt put so much butter and no vegetable oil and still got a little bused. I got bused cause i ate the weed that was still in that water eater all of the place. And i drank the tea. All im saying is that recipe works, even with a water heater, never tried microwaving it.

edit: Im never doing this method again though. I might if i dont have time but im just gonna make firecrackers now, I don't want to not get high just because I didn't take a good look at the water heater and destroyed all my weed.

5. This is very true and has been hashed and re-hashed throughout the thread. This is just for a quick bake if you have a lot of reg and/or mid weed to spare.

6. It is :) People still need to know where they went wrong if they felt little to no effects however, and he never indicated that he had an issue with absorbing edibles in the past, which can and does happen, but it is really somewhat rare. I've been shedding light on this exact subject for people around here since I arrived, as I face similar tolerance issues due to digestive failure.

So odds are it's usually a processing error, which is why it's important to stress just how crucial the heating and oil-bonding is when someone is faced with failure, because it's not any help to jump to conclusions and tell them that "it's not the edible, it's you". I do appreciate that you edited the post to try and explain a bit better.
    I was informing him how he could go about improving his success with the edibles, I like to get all I can out of both my herb and my efforts, and I know most others do as well, I'm giving the same support and advice here that I'd give any other thread.

And as it turned out, I assumed correctly. It was a processing issue, and his second attempt worked much better for him :)

Like I said, it's a great recipe and thread, it just needed a lot of trial, error and reconfiguring to get here :) It's becoming fairly close to the traditional "P(h)ot Chocolate" recipes, minus the chocolate of course :p

7. Sticky worthy? :p

8. whats the longest it should take for it to take effect? i drank some like 1.5 hours ago n i feel nothing. followed directions exactly and ate the leftovers too

9. It should kick in at the longest 2 hours. Mine usually peaks like an hour after drinking. Also consider my previous post: "THC is fat soluble. To break down the fat and cholesterol in your body, your liver and gall bladder produce an ezyme in your bile to break them down, absorb them properly, and eliminate them. If your gall blader or/and liver do not work properly, or are unhealthy, they will not break down and absorb the oils or fats the THC is stored in, properly, and some or all of the THC will be eliminated through the bowels. Its not the edible, its you mate."
    Basically you either have a high tolerance or your digestive system is out of whack.

10. Ok, this may sound a bit harsh, I've been poking my nose in here for the last week or two giving advice but I've been trying to be positive and helpful, without pushing the issue too hard... simply put, this recipe is really not going to help a whole lot of people.

The way it was written originally doesn't work, leaving the herb in a tea bag isn't the best way to expose it to the oils in the liquid even when processing it correctly over a long duration of time, so it stands to reason it would be even less effective with only a quick zap, and the processing time simply isn't long enough to allow the oils to bond with the THC, especially within the bud you eat at the end, and even without the teabag.

You can eat as much oil-soaked bud as you want, and at the end of the day you'd have been better off smoking half a gram. To put it bluntly, you will poo out your THC long before you absorb it, if it is not processed well enough.

I know you're just trying to help Wiz, and it's really a great start, but you probably should experience more traditional, proper edibles, because if this is working for you then your tolerance is probably very low. It's a risky way of processing edibles at best, and it's getting a lot of peoples hopes up. You just recently learned that people can have issues with edibles due to failures with digestion, that much is certain, but that is not the issue with this recipe.

Here's what you do, take the advice we've given you along the way, and write a new thread with the corrected methods you've learned. The only problem is, it still may not even be sticky worthy because it's not going to be much, if any different, than what we've already been doing for years.

Good luck, and again, no hard feelings! :)

11. Your right haha ill hit the kitchen and whip up a new recipe. I'm thinking that the new recipe shouldn't use a microwave as the heating medium. I'll go traditional in my approach.

12. Okay this is my third time making this... Im drinking it as we are speaking and this is what i did:
    I put 1/3 of water in a Starbucks mug and put it in microwave for 2 minutes
    after that, i filled the rest with milk and put some butter in it.(like one slice)
    i put the weed in the tea bag thing and let everything in the microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds
    i took it out and im drinking it right now. Im planning on eating it too
    I used about 1.5 gram of dank( blueberry,Sour Diesel and blue moonshine) mixed together
    I will post later on and tell you guys the results

13. With dank, dont eat the weed bro. Dry it out and smoke it later. It isnt worth eating. Only eat regs, smoke dank

14. oh shit lol... i didnt know haha. But the results were, its a big body high. I didnt really get that high but its a nice long high that is enjoyable and perfect for going around town and stuff. But i rather smoke it 4 different times than do this tea... Thank you OP though. I appreciate it, my first edible.

15. Yeah, its not that efficient at all with this recipe. Im posting the improved one now so you can try that. Its not wasteful at all and utilizes alot more of your herb

16. New recipe up. NO MICROWAVE THIS TIME! :D

17. for the new recipe, do i need milk?

18. Nope, the THC binds to the butter.

19. One last question, do I put the weed in the tea bag like the previous recipe?

20. You dont have to. Its personal preference. If you don't mind fishing out the weed or drinking awkwardly to avoid weed going down your throat when you toking on that cup, then its a no on the bag. I usually just empty out a Lipton or some other cheap brand of tea bag and put the weed in. Or if you have a metal tea ball that would work quite nicely. Hope this helps man.