Easiest way to clone in a small 8x12" area?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sar, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I only have an 8x12 inch area to clone in, and most cloning techniques require a little more room. Problem is, I'm gone 11 hours a day and the aeroponic cloners are too large to fit.. so the main problem is keeping them watered.

I only need four clones at a time.

2. Anybody?

3. I built a bubble clone bucket out of a 1 gallon rectangle container. It's just big enough to fit 6 2" net pots, and allow the air pump to sit on top. It's only about 5-6" deep. I built it yesterday, took 6 clippings, and they're all looking good today, which tells me it's working. I only need 4 clones, like you, but decided to build a cloner that could accept 6. A couple extra for good luck.

That said, find yourself a container (with lid) that will fit in your area, then add an air pump, with stone, and cut holes for small netpots, or whatever media you choose. Doesn't have to be fancy at all. There you have it, it's about as simple as can be.

Good luck!

Cheers,
    Past

4. make your own bubble cloner, if you make it yourself you can use whatever size container you want.

5. I thought it was bad for clones to be wet 24/7? You just leave it on all the time?

6. For me the easiest method by far has just been using rapid rooters planted straight into soil in party cups and put into a dome. Any little plastic storage container from walmart will work as a dome. The root faster this way than in the little trays made for making clones. I think they like having the rapid rooters in the soil better than being surrounded by plastic. I can fit 5-6 clones in a small shoe box sized tub. The most important thing is to have a dome of some sort to keep them moist. UNLESS you get some of the no wilt spray. I haven't tried that yet, but it looks pretty convenient.

ps - even an ice cream bucket with plastic wrap over it can work as a dome. You don't have to spend any money.

7. I would be doing it this way if I were growing in soil. I'm transferring to 5 gallon DWC buckets, though.

8. #10 joeya28, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Np I just did it this way and 5 of 6 clones rooted in 10 days, I had a small problem with ph but if your used to DWC you'll be better equipped for that.