Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Easiest Single Serving Canna-Oil Recipe.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by DaBoss, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Okay, I tried this. now I wait. I ground up 2 grams which I was going to split between my boyfriend and me. I shook about half of it into the melted coconut oil. My plan was to weigh it and see what was left and see if I needed to adjust. I forgot, without thinking, and put the other half (?) into the other muffin tin. One looked like it had more in it than the other one so I ground up another .3 of a gram and put it in the one that looked smaller. So now I am really not sure how much either one of us had.

We made cinnamon toast and smeared it all over. It didn't taste bad at all. I will post again after I see if it works. I may need to use better weed.

2. I definitely think I need to use better weed. I could feel it slightly. My bf said he could not feel it at all, but his body knew it was there. He slept way later than he normally does. I got the munchies from it quite badly. Then I got really tired. I am not sure if this method is for me.

I don't want to spend hours and hours craving junk food. I didn't feel super high or anything, just bad sugar cravings.

3. does this leave a smell behind when you use the oven?

4. One little tip is to add a bit (Nickle to Quarter size for these small batches) of liquid or granular soy lectin (liquid is easier to work with) Soy lectin is used as sweetener as well as in big pharma to allow for quicker absorption of medication. It allows you to process the cannabinoids in the stomach rather than in the large intestine. The result is a quicker onset (20-40min) and a noticeably more potent end product. And it's cheap!!! Here's a link to the brand I use. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s_ss_i_0_6?k=soy+lecithin&sprefix=soy+le

5. Stellar find.

6. #1246 cjldude22, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    I'll preface by saying I am generally a Grass City browser and only post something when compelled. This recipe is one of those reasons because it's got me super stoned.

I have a fairly high smoking tolerance - almost daily smoker for several years. I've fooled around with edibles in the past but generally didn't think the time/effort was worth the payoff.

Out of boredom I tried this recipe using 1g of high-grade, that I first decarbed for 30 minutes at 230. I used a muffin tin and covered with foil to prebake, and after 30 minutes took out to let it cool. Then I put in just enough coconut oil to cover the bud, and a pinch of soy lecithin (I've heard this helps increase the rate of absorbtion of the medicine). Gave it a mix, then covered back up with foil. This time I baked 30 minutes at 340. After removing from the oven I let cool completely before testing out.

I took the advice of others on this this thread and left the plant matter in vs straining. I dumped everything into the blender with some S'mores flavored ice cream, a little bit of milk, a splash of amaretto and a few ice cubes. The taste was OK, I wasn't expecting it to taste good but had prepared myself for worse.

This was all about 1.5 hours ago. I'm sitting on my couch listening to music and can feel my whole body buzzing. I definitely am feeling stoned - I will report back in a little bit with an update!

-Chris

UPDATE: It's now 3 hours since I drank the milkshake and I'm pretty blown the f out. I wasn't expecting it to be this strong, but it's fantastic. A very nice whole body and head high. Listening to music is really pleasant - feeling very relaxed and floatie.

UPDATE 2: This was the most stoned I have probably ever been. What an amazing trip - I was blown out from about 5:30pm Til well past 11pm. Woke up feeling great too. This recipe is a keeper- the only thing I might change next time is adding more bud.

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keep working on it.. You'll get better each time.
    5 grams decarbed 160 micron dry ice kief from bud
    2.5 teaspoons of oil.. 95% coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon soy lecithin
    Decarb all materials before starting.. 40-60 minutes at 220-240 degrees F covered dish, foil pouch, oven baking bag..
    '
    Powdered bud can be substituted for hash-kief it just won't be quite as potent..
    Blend cannabis, oil and lecithin and heat covered for 20 minutes at 220 degrees then freeze.. 3 or more heat and freeze cycles will change the stone to a bit more sleep aid as some of the THC breaks down into lesser cannabinoids like CBN

Makes enough to fill about 30 size (0) caps if used in baking cut finished product into 25-30 sections and sample no more then 1 per hour.. This stuff is powerful and very long lasting.. To much will be misery for 4 hours or more so sneaking up on your happy place is advised.. We all make the same mistake when working with this stuff and suffer an initial green out as part of the initiation process..

BNW

8. Always had my eye on this thread, always been looking for an easy way to make an edible. Just tried it with about .75g cross of Purple Sour Diesel and Clementine (plus some trim from some unknown indie dom). Baked in a mug with a tinfoil liner with extra v. olive oil for 30 mins @ 345 deg.

Finished eating it about 7 minutes ago, lets see how it works.

9. Holy shit, I ate that stuff like 2 hours ago and I started getting buzzed so I sat down and ate brownies, then got up and it hit me, and dude great recipe I will start mixing it this style, Highly suggested.

10. Just cooked up a batch and put it on a sandwich with Nutella...will update with results...i've got a pretty good mellow going right now though.

11. Did this recipe and failed.

12. Hey Rotties I can't stand the taste either, it also makes me gag. I like to add mine to my coffee. When your coffee is extra strong, you can't taste the weed! I hope this helps! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I tried this just last night. A ton of people have already posted their experience, but here's mine:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

6:00pm: I set the oven to 230 F while grinding up 1 gram of sativa with my fingers. I pour the bud evenly onto a sheet of tinfoil (on a baking sheet) and use another sheet of tinfoil to cover the bud. When the oven reaches 230 F, I slide the baking sheet onto the middle rack in the oven, and set a timer for 25 minutes.

6:30pm: When 25 minutes is up, I remove the baking sheet and pour the decarbed weed into a pyrex container. The weed is slightly browner and very aromatic. I set the oven to 330 F and spoon 1.5 tbsp. of coconut oil into the pyrex before covering the container with aluminum foil.

6:45pm: When the oven reaches 330 F, I place the pyrex on the middle rack and set a timer for 30 minutes.

7:15pm: When 30 minutes is up, I take the pyrex out of the oven and place it on my kitchen counter to cool off. I don’t strain it. After a few minutes, I add 1 tbsp. of honey, 2 tsp. of cacao powder, 1 tbsp. of peanut butter, 1.5 tbsp. of rolled oats, and a dash of vanilla extract to the canna oil. I stir the ingredients together until they’ve mixed completely.

7:30pm: I eat it. It tastes delicious. I didn’t strain the bud from the oil, but I don’t notice it at all.

8:30pm: I start to feel a little spacey.

9:00pm: I’m definitely feeling it. It’s not full strength yet, so I smoke half a joint and head to the gym.

9:30pm: I’m at the gym and I’m wasted. I stick to stretching and cardio. I definitely don’t want to be lifting anything heavy right now.

10:00pm: I shower up and smoke the rest of the joint from earlier. I’m really flying. It’s hard to say how much of it is the canna oil and how much is the joint, but I’m happy either way.

11:00pm: I start to feel more sober. Maybe the canna oil is wearing off? I smoke half of a second joint.

12:00pm: I can barely keep my eyes open so I go to bed.

9:00am: I wake up. I slept through three alarms (I usually get up at 7:00am). I’m really dazed. Am I still high? Everything is moving so slowly. I need coffee.

11:00am: I finally start to feel like myself again. I’ve had two cups of coffee and I’m about to drink a third. My eyes still feel like they’re made of cement.

***Final thoughts***
    It definitely works. I'm sure there's some room for improvement in the recipe, i.e. optimal time for decarbing to extract the most THC, but it was fun overall. The hangover was pretty serious, so I'd probably do it earlier in the day next time. If you have a 1-1.5 grams lying around and a few hours to spare, give it a try!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Definitely works.

*Bookmarked*

15. #1255 munchpass, May 6, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Do you cook with cannabis? I am a medical patient who would like a safer alternative to alleviate my pain, and would like to start cooking with cannabis. Can someone offer me general tips? How do I get the right flavor and avoid too much dosage? Are you also a medical patient who cooks with cannabis? I’d love to connect with you!

16. Hey
    I'm new to edibles and was wondering if you could give me some more details about the tin foil, do I have to cover the oil+weed in a passel like package or simply line the cupcake dish and leave it open aired?

17. Well After some reading i finally tried this method. Only diffrence which some on here have tried is i decarbed at 230 for 30. I ate it with some bread and am awaiting the punch. Will keep everyone posted and this thread alive.

18. Decarb first!

If you bake this as written a LOT of tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) that is found on the growing plant won't be converted into delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol (d9THC).
    THCA is found in fresh, undried cannabis but is progressively decarboxylated into d9-THC (and other less active cannabinoids and terpenes) with drying and especially under intense heating, like when you smoke... or decarb and bake your herb.
    d9-THC is the primary psychoactive ingredient found in Marijuana and the one most responsible for your "high" feelings. Part of this process already happens during curing, but applying a low (220-250F) amount of heat will speed things up tremendously and make your starting material as potent as possible.

TLDR: Before you try this method, search "Decarbing cannabis" and find a method that suits you (I've even seen microwaves... eww), decarb your herb then start this process from step one, eventually baking it again, in a different form, and with something fatty like coconut oil to bind the d9-THC into something your stomach can process more easily.

Enjoy!

Optional Info Section: -aka- I drank my coffee
    Eaten cannabis lasts longer and has a more potent effect than most forms of cannabis, outside concentrates (dabs/shatter/wax/sugar/oil/distillate). This is often the primary method of choice for medical patients when Transdermal Patches are unavailable to the patient because of the duration, potency, and ease of use. Patches have a medium bioavailability (compared to relatively low for edibles) and use some of the same systems to process THC in your body, giving you about the same result as an edible but with much more consistent dosing and a more predictable experience. The downside being, they aren't available everywhere and they're expensive at the moment. You can make your own topicals, but I haven't delved into the numbers on if they're as efficient as patches or edibles. In my personal experience from buying/trying them, they aren't.
    Smoking and Vaping have the highest bioavailability due to your lungs, but that also means that you get most of the effects in a shorter duration, 1.5 - 2 hours. Your lungs are full of capillaries that readily soak up and distribute the active THC, but when the THC has run it's course you'll need to smoke or vape again to feel the same effects.

Attached Files:

19. Trying this niw with 1 Gram of decarbed mid. Decarbed at 250 for 27 minutes. Has been sitting in oven in baking fish with tinfoil over it for 35 minutes at 340.

20. Had about .8-1g left over from a sesh and decided to try this, baked in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes will post again with updates:love-mj2: