Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Easiest Single Serving Canna-Oil Recipe.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by DaBoss, Jun 15, 2010.

1. #1221 ittybittykitty, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2015
    Alrighty. I chose to do this because I love smoking my pot as opposed to eating it but wanted something different (& I am a cheapass that doesn't want to use alllll my bud for one big recipe). Making a single serving cookie tonight with this oil, I used coconut oil and after 30mins at 325 it is a nice green color. But instead of tossing the leftover bud, I put it into a teabag, and steeped it for 15mins with some chai tea to get the most use out of all the leftover oil. Sipping on it as I type this, it's quite tasty. Just figured I'd share with everyone. [​IMG] Here is the recipe I vaguely followed: http://www.wakeandbakecookbook.com/weed-tea/ if anyone is interested! If I do this again, will definitely decarb my weed, I didn't this time around simply out of laziness. :x & wanted to see how much of a difference it makes when it IS decarbed. 

Edit: Okay, ate half the cookie lastnight and was really quite high... should have eaten like 1/4 of it. Can't imagine how baked I would have been had I decarbed the weed lol. This "single serve" oil recipe is a keeper.

2. FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T GET MUCH EFFECT FROM THIS METHOD!!!

Some people seem to get little or no effect from this kind of recipe, even when using pretty large doses of cannabis. 

The reason might be because the recipe says to strain the oil.  A lot of people might assume, as I did, that the plant matter left behind after straining could just be thrown away, since all the active ingredients went into the oil.

After all, that's how you make cannabutter, right?  Boil water, butter, & cannabis; let it cool; get all the hardened, cold butter out; throw away the water & plant matter left behind, cuz it has nothing of interest left in it.

That was my attitude with this technique the first couple times, and I got quite variable results -- sometimes strong, sometimes weak.

Finally figured out what was happening when I decided to eat the plant residue leftover after thoroughly straining the oil.  Went to bed shortly after.  Woke up 6 hours later so incredibly stoned I could barely see.  Felt like every cell in my body was completely altered and functioning in some new & not necessarily better way.  Didn't wear off til next day.

Clearly, the plant residue I had been throwing out could still contain huge amounts of cannabinoids & other active ingredients, even after fine grinding, long heating, plenty of stirring, and careful & complete straining out the hot oil.  I'd guess at least a third of the active ingredients were still in the plant matter I ate.

So now I just keep the plant matter in the resulting oil (grapeseed), stirring it up into a slurry when measuring and taking a dose.  If you grind the weed fairly fine before mixing it with oil, you barely notice the plant matter when eating it with bread, crackers, or whatever.

BOTTOM LINE:  At the end of this recipe when it says to strain the plant matter out of the oil -- don't!  There might still be a lot of active ingredients in that leftover plant matter. 

Leave the plant matter in the oil, or eat it separately.  Just don't throw it out without checking!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is there a benefit to decarbing the plant before making the oil? Is it better/necessary?

4. Why not just add finely ground up bud to any recipe?

5. #1225 Twistedweather, May 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2015
    you need to activate the bond between THC and fat thru sustained heat.  Now you will be able to absorb the goodness thru your digestive system. 

I like pre-soaking my finely ground bud with olive oil.  Next double boil a glass of milk with the canna-oil for 1-4 hrs.    Then for bedtime add it to some sleepy tea (indica)  or even the morning coffee (sativa) [​IMG]   

Experiment and tweak this method and you will find satisfaction!

The buzz will  kick in 30- 180 minutes depending on the quantity and quality of the bud.
    The buzz is long and enveloping.

6. #1226 tokejoke, May 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    I used 1 gram decarbed at 220 for 30 mins, coconut oil over top of fine grounds in single serve Pyrex cup cover with foil in at 340 for 30 mins. Then I put it in the fridge and went to bed. Woke up at 8 took it out and melted it on my Belgian waffles with whipped cream and syrup at 9:30am. By 12 it was starting to kick in, by 12:30 we were at a wedding and I was wrecked until about 4pm and up until 6 I still felt good. One hour power recipe for sure 👊

"How something appears is always a matter of perspective"

7. Heres what I did:
    I used .5g of fresh bud, about .75g of avb, and some small amount of stems. I decarbed the fresh bud at 220 for 15 in one of the cups of a muffin tin, covered with foil. I know that is probably not hot or long enough, but I've never decarbed before and wanted to be careful. I then got a bit worried that I didn't decarb well enough, so i kept it in the oven while it was heating up from 220 to 345. I then added the avb and stems to the muffin tin. Then I added about 2 tbsp of coconut oil and mixed together. I cooked the weed and oil for 22 minutes at 345f.

I took it out and stored it in the fridge for a day. I then melted the oil a bit and stained out the plant material. I don't have any real strainers so I emptied tea bags and poured the oil and leftover weed into them and squeezed them with a spoon. This left me with a good amount of clean oil. After reading some stuff about this, I decided to save the leftover weed and put them in capsules to make like pills. I filled about 6 caps, but they ended up doing nothing.

When I used the oil, I added it to a mango, kiwi, and pineapple smoothie. The taste of the oil was not very noticeable. I drank the smoothie at 7:30 that night, and didnt start feeling anything until 9:30. After about only half an hour I was very high. I peaked at about midnight and was completely on another planet lolol. It was pretty much the highest I've ever been and I made another serving this morning

8. #1228 nevrmindedness, May 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2015
    Lmao @ this

9. Just popped 2.8g into two center muffin tins with the bud (low grade) split in half. Just thought my decision of using the center two muffins... pouring it out should be next to impossible

10. Follow up - didn't work.

11. #1231 davida0829, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
    i would love to vouge for this recipe it works!!!
    I had an extremely long tolerence break 1.5 years due to probation my very first quarter I decided fuck it and made this recipe I have 7 grams and a low tolerence I thought to myself 1 gram is no difference when 1 puff gets me high as hell
    1 thing I did was drop the temp 5 degrees
    I used 1 gram finally ground bud decent quality probably around 10-15% thc and about .2 grams of kief followed recipe dipped it in some bread ate on empty stomach was BLASTED for 20 hours and buzzed for another 5 was pretty awesome so thank you for this and making my first experience back from legal issues amazing this gets 2 thumbs up and 2 big toes up [​IMG]

(I let it cool for 45 minutes and DID NOT STRAIN I prefer the buds left in adds a good texture :) )

12. this is a pretty funny question but can someone take a picture of the weed, foil and oil in the tray baking because I don't want to burn the house down lol

13. is opening it up half way to check there is oil/its not burning, gunna result in 0 result?
    reading comments while waiting, of course one guy burns his and i have to go check ._.

14. This recipe is amazing.
    I decarbed 1 g of some fire alien kush and then baked it in olive oil.
    Didn't strain it out, ate with the weed because some comments said it was better that day.
    Here's what happened-
    8:00pm - I eat the oil with bread.
    8:10pm - I'm on the toilet contemplating life not feeling any effect.
    8:20pm - I kinda feel light headed
    8:35pm - Eyes red as lava and a feel high but I'm getting higher and higher
    8:50pm - I'm tripping balls and I watch movies and stuff and sleep at some time around 11.
    8:00am - I wake up and i'm still high.

This was my first attempt and it was awesome. I just have to put some less weed in the edible next time.
    Thanks DaBoss

15. #1235 Iwannagethigh780, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
    Trying this method with 8gs of mids . They are decarbing right now at 250 for 30 min . Got extra virgin olive oil this is for two people ( the wife and I) we both have very high tolerance we have never been able to get buzzed off edibles so hope this changes it will report back (fingers cross) and hope the eyes will be later aswell :p

Edit: ended up decarbing for a hour on 200 since its still very fresh and not quite dried .

Edit2: just finished eating not feeling anytging yet I ended up mixing a quarter of it into peanut butter then onto bread then into the oven on 170 for about 15 min. Will rwpost in a hour or so

Update my head was slightly cloudy thats about it :( ate half of what I made so 4 grams worth

16. So I've been doing this for a couple years now, and it works very well. I don't measure anything out, and just toss roughly an 1/8th of decarb weed into a small pyrex bowl, pour some extra virgin olive oil over it until it's well soaked and floating (maybe a half inch in my little bowl thing), and toss it in the oven at 350 for 30 mins. turn everything off, let it cool, and separate the old weed from the oil and I'm done.

the old weed I'll stir into some peanut butter for a sandwich (why not?).

the oil I simply measure out with a plastic medical syringe (no needle!!!!) that I got at the pharmacy for a buck. typically, I measure out about 2cc and shoot it down the back of my throat. My thinking is that this is quicker and easier than spending a lot of time cooking this stuff into something to disguise the taste! Have a glass of water or juice handy in case it needs a chaser. But, really, you can handle it!

I do this about 6:30pm, and by the time the kids are in bed around 8, I'm generally starting to feel it. by 9, I'm in bed with my giant headphones on listening to Gong!
    Granted, each batch is slightly different than the last. This is why I start with 2cc. If it's too strong or too weak, I adjust it accordingly the next night. Usually I get it right after two tries.

I'm wondering... has anyone added Soy Lecithin to this recipe? I've heard it somehow helps in making medibles, etc.

17. Hey guys so update with my other half ei 4 grams n the oil I froze it for 48 hourw then let it sit out for a few days then made some tea out of it. A few hours later I was high as fuck haha thanks

18. Have any of you guys done it w/ vaped weed? How much abv would work w/ this method?

19. Trying this tonight hopefully or atleast tomorrow, using popcorn and trim instead so probably use around a gram. Got butter in the crockpot right meow for tomorrow also. Should be good

20. Tell me more about this "crockpot" method!! :)

I use about 2oz every 5-6 weeks. It's very good stuff or so I'm told. I don't really get much more than a little buzz. I had a tumor removed from inside my spinal cord and it helps with the nerve pain and muscle spasms. I'm always looking for new/easier methods.