Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Easiest Single Serving Canna-Oil Recipe.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by DaBoss, Jun 15, 2010.

1. i forgot the tin foil in the first 10 mins...will this destroy the oil?

2. I cooked it for about 10 mins before my mom came and I had to take it out, could I put it back in and cook it the rest of the time or is it ruined?

3. dam this shit works. me and my friend used a gram of bud for both of us. we were trippin balls for at least 5 hours until i passed out

def will be making more

4. I'm no expert. Typically, I know just enough to get in trouble! But regarding all the questions about which oil to use... fat molecules are chains of Carbon atoms of various lengths, with Hydrogen atoms attached in different configurations. The combination determines the shape of the molecule, the class of fat, whether it is healthy or unhealthy for human consumption, the temp where it is stable or will change(can't remember the Chemistry lingo), and among other things, it's ability to absorb fat soluble chemicals.
    If you are going to cook with oil as an ingredient vs. cook in the oil (fry, saute) the type of oil makes it more suited or less suited for the purpose. IMHO, you would want to choose an oil that is that is generally able to handle the temps for frying, such as peanut oil, or coconut oil. Xtra Virgin Olive Oil is suitable as it also has a higher burn point, and is a high quality fat. Your run of the mill corn, veg, or canloa runs the risk of drastically warping the fat molecule into nasty things like trans fats, and probably ruins the ability to dissolve the good stuff.
    Some of this may be inaccurate- it's been a loooong time since I studied nutrition, but the info is definitely out there for those who want to know why, or how to do it better. I generally look for a concensus of what works, as I'm a little lazy:smoking:. That's one option. I'm sure there are many who roam GC who know way more than I do. Maybe one of them will elucidate for your rumination, or at least, give you some info to think about.

5. This is awesome and thanks for the extra info on the breakdown of certain types of oils. It sounds like it makes sense, although our fellow chemists can confirm it better I'm sure.

Cripes between this and Royks mangofest she got me on, I'm gonna be ripped for days...:D:D:D

6. what's the easiest way to get the oil from the cupcake pan to straining to some storage?

cause i can see a ton of problems if i were to poor it out into something or something ;p

7. use grapseed oil.
    that shit never burns!

8. nvm, i jus got a spoon anjd got it all out and mixed it with a coke, bud and all... every time i've tried edibles i get a weird kinda body high right on gestation, but so far i've never gotte it to work lol

i put 1.some g and a few stems in filled the oil up just eneough to cover it, covered with foil, baked on 335 for 30 minutes. Used veg oil, soybean to be exact.

Just downed the coke, gonna go do my shit and hope something happens, i'll report back

• Like Like x 1
  9. i'm pretty sure it's working... but lightly...

10. does this stink while being cooked? thinking about using my parents oven.

11. nah man you wont have any problems with smell

12. ill try this tomorrow with atleast an 8th of vaped weed, olive oil and pour that over some ice cream, any tips for someone who's had very little luck with oil?

13. Just made mine with olive oil in a 10 in pan with ~3/4oz. of ABV. Drank a smoothie with two spoonfuls, and a sandwich with 3 sides of the bread covered in the oil. Will report back.

14. I'm gonna make some pasta and just put the oil on that! :p

Awesome info!

15. #115 nanners, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2010
    Nice! I think I'll do that for my next serving. And maybe re-strain, bits of ABV fell in :(

BTW made some coconut oil too... after refrigerating, it is GREEN? Like pea soup green- and remember, I made it with vape poo. I'll have pics up later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Here's a fucking badass macro of what I made

[​IMG]

17. YUM :smoking:

18. #118 26000inkush, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
    what happens if you put too much oil?

i just ate my oil with some oreo icecream and that shit was great... now just waitin on my high

19. Have this ziplock bag of trimmings/buds that i've been too lazy to make into edibles until seeing this easy stoner method, will be back w/ report :smoking:.

20. Threw half the bag (I'd say a quarter or so) into a big pot, and the trick with oil is to add enough so it isn't floating, but just so its glazing the trim. The oil is barely bubbling, and I just continuously stirred for 25mins on low. The finaly mix was dark brown but still sort of clear on the top layer.

Throw in some lemon pepper and garlic, add a teaspoon each to two sliced of sourdough bread and WHAM! Morning never felt better... Got a baking pan with the other half of trim in the oven testing the 25min oil baking method. Hopefully it turns out the same :smoking:.

Finished the toast at the start of this post, really feelin it now!!