Earthquake in Hati: the beginning of 2012?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by iRoBot, Jan 17, 2010.

1. hmm so a natural disaster means the beginning of the end of the world.

i guess 2012 started in 79A.D. when Mount Vesuvius erupted, OHSHITMAN :(

2. What about the earthquake that caused the tsunami in 2004? Did that have to do with 2012? That earthquake was a 9.2, the second largest in the history of earthquake measuring and killed over 200,000 people. 2005 Kashmire earthquake measured 7.6 killing over 75,000. 2008 China earthquake measured 7.9 killing almost 70,000. There are on average 2,600 earthquakes every DAY.

3. guesss its only a matter of time till motha fuckas start saying shit like the gov did it or its the end. fuckers

4. haha...^^^This!!

5. I'm not 'downgrading the significance' of the tragedy. I'm simply saying that earthquakes happen all the time and that there is no correlation between this incident and some doomsday/re-awakening of society/new-age prophecy.

My sympathy goes out towards all who suffer. The difference is that I realize that this is a completely arbitrary incident and that there is no such basis for forging a connection between this catastrophe and the possible dooms-day event of years to come.

:)

Not an apathetic post, but reasonable.

6. 2012 is just Y2K all over again. The most reasonable "doomsday" will not be in 2012. it will be around 2032. Due to global warming, or what have you, glaciers are melting at an alarming rate. Around 2032 they will have melted a good deal and will be coming to a town near you engulfing all with floods.

I will be ripped as shit.

7. Good call. :wave:

8. Hasj + weed is also a nice combo.

9. Already happened, bro.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9QtZkT8OBQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Chavez: US weapon test caused Haiti earthquake[/ame]

10. The Maya see it this way that we entered a window of time called "The shift of the ages" and that window began on October 23 2007. December 21 2012 is the of the end this window of time. What will happen on 2012? I believe it to be a cumulative product of events. Meaning whatever we are doing now, will determine what will happen then.

(our past) + (our present) = our future

11. You lost me at the thread title. How can it be the beginning of 2012 when its 2010?