Earthcam; One of the coolest sites I've ever seen.

Discussion in 'General' started by Durchii, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Earthcam

Let me be the first to say, nothing would give me more satisfaction than to seek out every single location on this site and visit them for myself, but that will have to wait (at least for another couple of years). Like Heinous, my travels, though extended, don't come nearly as often as I'd like. So, for those of us with a keen eye for the world and nostalgia for times and days that we've never seen, sites like these can really be a good outlet for late nights with nothing to do. I just found it myself and I've already sunk three hours into jumping from continent to continent, seeking out new and interesting places.

It's fairly self-explanatory. The site is community run (as far as I know), with hundreds, perhaps thousands, of cameras posted in various places around the world. Don't expect blazing frame rates here, but the cameras usually refresh themselves every two to three seconds, enough to catch someone skiing down a hill (something I've been doing, as strange as it sounds) but not quite fast enough to nail a car shooting across the frame.

So chill out, put on some music and feel free to post up your favorites!

:D

2. Way cool.
    Check out the Times Square one.
    It's actual streaming video instead of refreshing.

I feel like an evil genius while looking at this site.

3. Yeah, I found a few of them like that just now. Made me want to tune back into Africam, but it's the middle of the night and nothing's really going on. Just the usual crickets chirping.

4. Very cool, this will bring lots of entertainment!

5. That website actually kinda scares me. 10-15 years from now you won't be able to leave your house without being on camera. The government is slowly gaining control of your life and everything you do on a daily basis.

6. It's already happening on a wide scale in the United Kingdom, not to mention most major cities in the US. I can't walk the streets of Chicago any more without being tracked, traced, identified or monitored. It is a strange thought.

7. Hell ya, I'll definetly be watching this all night as soon as I get me some bud.

That's awesome they have the Africa cam too, I watched the other one all the time until it got shot down.

Great find Durchii!!!

8. wow thats rad:smoking:

9. What are you talking about?

http://www.africam.com/wildlife/index.php

:p

10. That is one sweet website dude. I showed my mum (not really up to date with technology lol), and she tripped the fuck out!