Earth Juice PH adjust with Baking soda and Vinegar

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Gyva, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Alrighty hello everyone. I've been doing some reading on Earth Juice and have read the stuff drops your PH. From what I've read a few folks have said to adjust the PH of the Earth Juice before you even touch it to your soil. Soooo.... the plan is to mix up the Earth Juice mixtures and add baking soda to raise the PH before application as my FOAF doesn't own any PH up or Down... Being that EJ is 100% organic FOAF loves the idea of using just Baking Soda... So I guess the question is 1. This should work right? and 2. Anyone whos adjusted PH with Baking Soda or Vinegar how much is needed per gallon to raise 1 point. Any other input would be KIND... TIA....

And in case someone stumbles across this and doesnt know:

Baking Soda = PH UP

Vinegar = PH DOWN

2. im no expert, how ever i do study nutritional medicine

I would think using baking power would increase the sodium levels

for human consumption baking soda works wonders...

p.s. make sure if u do consume it, it does not contain aluminium

3. Yes it works.
    It dose'nt take much.........+/- 1/8 teaspoon.
    Baking soda contains more sodium than is ideal...................it works okay but will need more frequent flushing due to accumulated salts.
    peace B

4. Just out of curiousity ... have you checked the EC prior to and after adding the Sodium Bicarb?

5. I would check your pH without any buffering first -- kind of hard to hit a target if you haven't had a chance to see it yet.

Baking soda will raise pH but, as others have said, will add sodium and specifically salts. You don't have to rely on your FOAF for everything, get to an aquarium store or click around the internet to find some PHUp.

6. For some reference ...
    I recently mixed up a batch of GH MaxiBloom.
    The initial EC and pH of the mix was 3655 and 3.7
    after pH adjust with Sodium Bicarb (4 "sprinkles") EC and pH were 3741 and 5.5
    So the EC gain was only 86 .. not a lot of salt being added there...

7. Bubbling the EJ for 48 hrs or so will raise the pH on it's own.

Be sure and use the catalyst when you bubble.

Bubbling and the cat are what really kicks the EJ into geat.

EJ also makes 100% organic pH up + down. Mo betta than what you have in mind.

Wet