ears ringing..?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PickleHead, Mar 7, 2011.

1. this literally just happened to me last night at like 3 a.m. the weird thing is i was outside, in the woods and there wasn't even a sound.

i always thought it signaled your losing the ability of hearing a particular frequency.

2. Haha I can hear the sounds from TV's. It gets annoying some times. When I am high it almost drowns out the actually spoken words from the TV and it gets soooooo annoying.

3. Consider yourself lucky because you can hear like a dog....LOL! Very few people can hear frequencies above 17KHz. Several years ago, I did a hearing test and I could faintly hear tones as high as 21KHz. It's hard to believe music has any content that high but it certainly adds sparkle and 'air' to percussion music and the overtones of any string instrument extend well into the ultrasonic frequency range. I can hear dog whistles....can you? Unfortunately, my low frequency hearing isn't as good. I can't hear much of anything below 30Hz, although I can feel deep pipe organ notes in a church or other good hall that allows me to imagine the sounds in my head. Maybe that's why I don't care for rap music.

4. Hmmm I dunno, I never had a dog whistle to try it out.