Early Veg- Questions On Trimming

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BCBudz421, May 25, 2013.

1. This is my third whack at an outdoor grow.

Three Texada Timewarp. 
    potted in 15 gallon buckets
    sea soil/pro-mix 50/50
    LST style

So two of the plants are 100% perfect health. My largest one, has a bit of nute burn because i followed a table that used 10L instead of 1 gallon, so it was 3x the concentrate. The burn isnt severe at all, with just the tips of the leaves gone brown on about 1/4 of the leaves. I have been flushing for just over a week now, and all the new growth looks healthy and green!

My question- On a few of the fan leaves, there are a few well damaged areas. At which point to these leaves loose their efficiency to absorbe sunlight? I would like to know if you should wait until these leaves start to dry out and die on their own before removing them, or should i cut them now to allow light to penetrate the smaller leaves below? 

Attached Files:

2. i would just trim off the damaged and burnt parts of the leaves and leave the rest intact unless the majority of the leaf is burnt then i would trim completely off.

3. I personally would just let it go. 

4. Yeah i think ill let em just do its thing. Instead of playing the part of god, i will let mother nature do its job. The plant has survived millions of years without the assistance of man, im sure it knows what to do. 

thanks