early start with pics! (updated)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by California949, May 10, 2010.

1. my afgoo diesels grew about 2 feet!!! everything is getting huge from this sunlight!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Im doubting its time to bud yet first of all second plants outdoor have been good to me with moderate pruning. I noticed the increased growth other places immediately. Its nice to cut some lower branches that are useless to allow the upper ones to thrive.

3. i agreeeeee :smoking:

4. Sure, and if the plant is replacing cut vegetation with more vegetation, it's using energy and nutrients to grow that new vegetation.

5. fukin cali might as well be its own country:p

6. it seems like it already is :D

7. nice, i like the set up and that full pit?

your weed friend thelaststoner42

8. yessir nothing but the best.....

9. sunny day bump!!!!!!!!!

10. #110 yoctown, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
    You saved it much more energy then you lose trust me. If the branch is covered in dirt or not getting any light anyways its useless and not producing energy so i cut it to allow some growth in a spot that will actually produce some energy for my plant. Plus my plant has that much more energy to put elsewhere because its not wasting it on some shaded area. Just as i said... moderate pruning is good for the plant.... sure if u just go up to a plant and cut some random branches u might be wasting energy but i look for stuff in particular that is just wasting the plants energy as it is.

Also loving the sun here in california :)

11. thats what she said.... :D

12. Awesome work. I would be a content man if I woke up to these beautiful plants in full sunshine everyday. God bless California.

13. Well, I figure the plant can figure out where to put the new leaf growth for greatest returns in light energy, plus leaving the leaves attached gives the plant a reservoir of nutrients it won't have if you cut them off, and it won't shock the plant like cutting leaves from it will, or introduce wounds where moulds and fungi can attack the plant. It might use more water with the unproductive leaves than without them, but that will probably be a tiny proportion of the total water use of a healthy, growing plant. But hey, it's your garden. :)

14. #115 yoctown, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
    Moderate pruning doesn't shock most plants. I know most the strains i grow first of all. Second i haven't found a strain that hasn't liked moderate pruning. Either you do not want to admit a plant has leafs and branches that are shaded or are going to die eventually anyways and the roots energy can be used elsewhere for better or you have never tried it for yourself and seen the benifit for yourself but i believe me and cali have i bet your the same person that would tell me uv-b wouldn't have an effect on my thc % yet hasn't tried it to see for themselves. Also there are proper ways to prune a plant.

Edit: You admiting to moderate pruning yourself.....

http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/590543-2010-outdoor-medical-grow-pics-9.html

How are you going to do it for its benifits yet not recommend it to others..... That is quite selfish of you.

15. Ease up on the drugs son, that's not my thread.

16. #117 yoctown, Jul 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
    haha guess i smoked to much i used the search and thought that was your thread for one reason or another. I was looking for something you have grown. Anyways got any pictures of anything you have grown?

17. 4th of july bumppppppppppp :hello:

18. nice man check out how my plants ended up turning out under these California skies. I had to trim her down. Plants like that, but they need a day to recoup then feed something nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. n1ce plants and they look like you'll be h1gh for a couple of days w1t thoses but ur dogs dont destroy ur fence?