Early sexing and cloning question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sensison, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Hi everyone

I am sorry if I have missed the answer the the following question somewhere, (perhaps just looking for some moral support too :smoke:) today unfortunately was a sad day, I had to abandon the 3 x power plant and 3 x white berry kush i started outdoors about 4.5 weeks ago due to security, I was planning on using these two strains females as 'moms' in the future in a new box I have lined up (how sad they were looking so very very nice) anyway, I have a question about forcing sex indoors early.

I'm aware or the delay in growth time should one force flower early then revert back to vegging in order to weed out males, early I have also read that plants generally left to present sex naturally are usually more potent and have higher yields on average. My one question is, if I DO do this and force flower early to determine sex, then revert back to veg, then take a clone of the vegging plant, would that clone carry the same "stress" and not yield as large and potent or would it be a clean slate so to speak as if it were grown from seed?

Then my second part of the question is, what it the earliest one can force flower to determine sex? I don't mind waiting for them to re-veg but not if they're not going the be of the original potency and yield (as long as i bear in mind the delay - and hopefully the answer to the above question is that it wont effect the yield / potency of clones :) I which case I may look at this just to get going again) I don't want a half strength or anything so I can be patient but was just more curious about the clones cos Ima itching to get cracking!
    Thanks all for any ideas or advice :)

2. Will do nothing to potency.How well you grow the clones will.Along with the genetics.Your not going to alter the genetics by revegging.

You can flower from seed if need be.There is no age requirment.

My suggestion is dont be in such a hurry.This is a time involved process.The sooner you accept that the better.

Use low stress training,and get the branches growing out asap,and then take clones,and flower them.

Or just veg them around 2 months,and you should have pre-flowers by then.

GL

3. Hi xDisciplex,

Thanks for the input! I'm not actually in such hurry, was just perturbed due to having to abandon my outdoor, soon to be mothers (just before presenting) :mad:.

I hear what you're saying, patience is key, I don't mind waiting and will keep trucking. I was just trying to find the quickest way to get my mothers back on track so I can take clones from her.

I get knocked down, I get up again!! etc etc hehehe
    Thanks mate!