Early Seedling/veg light setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Opiumchild, Aug 11, 2010.

1. So I'm cruising on HTG's website and I am somewhat lost as to what fluorescent light setup would be the best for the seedling stage and a couple weeks into vegetative growth. Would this setup be too much light? High Tech Garden Supply

This is what I'll be growing Blackjack feminized marijuana seeds just ordered it yesterday :) I was thinking of using the fluoros for veg then switch over to my 400w HPS for flowering

2. For seedlings flouros are fine. I would use MH for veg and HPS for flower. You can get the flouros you need anywhere.

3. Those lamps will work out alright for your seedlings. You might want to consider getting yourself a Ceramic Metal Halide bulb if you have a magnetic 400w HPS ballast. You could begin using that when the plants are >10" tall and all the way through flowering.

Users of CMH bulbs love them.

4. i bought this from HTG High Tech Garden Supply because it was so cheap lol, but now I realize that I should have spent the extra $40 and gotten the switchable ballast/bulb deal they have. Not sure if my ballast will take a ceramic MH, I'm going to go look at the ballast now and see if it says on it since I didn't see anything on the HTG site about it.