Early Outdoor Plant Theory?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ReMpTiOn, Jun 20, 2012.

1. I was reading a thread today.It was named.And this is a theory they came up with for outdoor early starters.anyone think its true.I started the day after 420

10 Most Common Mistakes Growing Marijuana

Don't Start Too Early Inside or Outdoors
    \tFor several reasons! If you are starting outdoors June 1 is perfect. But if \tI start earlier I will get bigger buds right? Probably Wrong!
    \tIts strange but usually true. ill explain. Plants started in early spring \twill get big but they will take significantly longer to start flowering. \tThis is because at the peak vegetative period they sense the light cycles \tgetting longer and longer, until June 21. But they don't realize that its \ttime to flower yet. Finally in the middle of August the plant says "HEY" \t"time to flower already" and it produces buds in August and September or \t later they will be tall as trees but thinner buds due to the fact that the \tsun is not as strong in September. Now if the ganja plants were put out \tlater, as soon as they get a foot off the ground they say "what's going on" \tI am just in early veggie and the light hours aren't getting longer in fact \tSHORTER" Then the plants go crazy and since the sun is so bright in July and \tAugust you get amazing 6 foot trees that are heavier than the plants started \tin April!!! in addition to finishing earlier the late started plants are not \tnearly as noticeable.
    \t Indoors is the same for different reasons. The light cannot penetrate more \tthan a foot or two. So flower when plants are a foot tall. If you wait \tlonger because you want bigger yields, you will get smaller yields and wait \tlonger for them.

2. sorry I dont buy that .

by your assertion every QT clone I flower should take 2-3 months to initiate flower, as the mom is now 3 years old.

my experience is exactly opposite, the younger the plant the longer it takes flower to set in. I can take a clone or a 5 week old seedling and initiate 12/12 ( I know we're in Outdoors , but bear with me ), and the clone will respond first .

sun not as strong in Sept. causing airy buds..give me break, that's a straight up falsehood

3. I feel you on that one I had my plant now for a month in a half and its already showing its sex. So I expect atleast little nuggets by next month and by august Ill have nice fat nugs :)

4. Interesting thread, ReM, but the early outdoor plant theory is false. Here in the midwest I have started outdoors as early as the first week of May when spring weather is favorable for growing (such as this year) and as late as the second week of June when the weather was cool and damp. My plants have always aclimated in a timely manner and by autumn their braches are swelled with buds and maturing right on time. Plants that are tall with a large branching network and have small buds during the end of the growing season (late October) are typically strains that have long flowering times and are not suitable for outdoor growing in my locale.