Early harvesting

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sparee, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Hello people. I have one sugar mango ryder autoflowering plant. It is currently 80 days old and not ready yet because of the bad lighting i used since it was my first grow ever. Now my problem is that the buds are not completely finished yet and next week I will have to fly back home for winter holidays for 3 weeks. That leaves me no choice but to harvest the few buds from it. Do you think its a good idea? Also how should i store them for these 3 weeks? If i hang them to dry and leave them there most propably they will be totally dry until i come back. Is it better to just put them in a bag with a little hole and if they need more drying when i come back just let them dry then? Thanks in advance :)

2. Cut and start drying today. If you're lucky, it will be dry enough to put into a sealed container before you leave in one week. Not ideal, but possible.

If you hang it for three weeks it will be very dry when you get back, especially since the buds are so tiny from an early harvest.

3. yep you will be forced to dry it too fast, and a chance of a good cure is not possible. when the stems snap and are really dry they should be okay to sit in a jar for 3 weekss, but remember, any decent moisture if left in the buds will not be good and you will most likely see mold

idont really see it possible to slow dry a plant plus cut early for 3 weeks, i think no matter what, if you let the buds out while your gone, they will surly be crispy as fuck when you get back

so dry that shit to crispy town

4. pics of plant? how long has it been flowering? have the trichromes changed yet ? its not ideal to harvest early because the bud will be no way near as good i read on wiki that it cannot be classed as medical marijuana or a narcotic if you harvest early as you will be missing the Peak time to harvest, i hope all the time you spent on your plant wont be wasted by a 15 minute high. good luck and i hope she smokes up well.