Early harvest or leave unattended?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ray83man, Jul 25, 2015.

1. I got plants about 4 weeks into flower, and sadly have 1 week til i leave for 20 days. guess my question is do i leave them unattended for 3 weeks or harvest early and make hash?

Attached Files:

2. looking to make a drip system with a submersible pump and timer, gotta get this built and tested in under a week lol

3. Get a friend to help. Might need to educate. But if you set everything up right for him/her and a list of what to do and when..and promise some fine ass bud... You might be able to have a person check on your house, your ladies and cut down and string em up as well...

4. I dont have many friends here am new to the area, work away from home. With a fish tank pump a plug in timer and some drip system i can water them and hope lol or just cut em down in the next couple days and quick dry them for hash. regaurdless im building the drip system. weather i try to reveg the early harvest or to continue their growth while away

5. Any chance of them growing into the lights?

The last thing you want to end up with is a fire.

The quickest and easiest thing I can think of would be to get an air pump and air stone and put the air stone at the bottom of your leak proof planter (probably need to transplant it to a different container). Next, attach a host barb to the bottom of a somewhat large, SEALable container (couple of gallons), and then just run a hose from that to a couple inches off the bottom of the plant container. Turn on the air stone and forget about it. The water/nutrient solution should only fill the plant container up to the opening in the hose and as long as the water container is sealed, it won't over fill - but when the water level drops as the plant uses it, it *should* automatically fill back up to the end of the hose. The air stone should keep enough oxygen in the soil for the roots to handle the amount of moisture.

Should be quick and easy to set up, just be sure to post pictures if it works [​IMG]

6. nahh pretty sure they stretched all they gonna my led is 20 inches away from the plants and temps dont get above 80 in the room. they planted in soil i doubt they would appreciate the torture of converting them at this point to hydro. Your post did inspire an idea ive been having, i want to create an ebb and flow table when i get back.

7. Some of the soil gardeners use what they call a "SIP" in the organics forum - a Self Itrigating Planter. Basic as all hell - a tub under each plant filled with perlite and then filled to let's say an inch below the level of the perlite with water. The plants are then placed on top of the perlite and water wicks into the bottom holes of your pots. Stuffing some strips of t-shirt cloth into the bottom holes and letting them sit in the water will also wick water to your plants.

Just another idea but 20 days might be a long time for that setup - but it certainly wouldn't hurt. You can buy a plastic "concrete mixing tub" at Home Depot for cheap money.

Wick wick wick and soak them good before you leave. Between a SIP and your other watering system you might just pull it off - there's nothing worse than immature weed.

J

8. I flooded them yesterday from the bottom. let em soak in the water for good 20-30 mins each to make sure there were no dry spots in the soil. today i got the call from worth that ill be leaving Friday so, been thinking of what i can do to automate my grow as much as possible. people gonna yell at me but i did clip a sample half of which i rushed the drying process and smoked a bit ago. other half of the sample im drying in a slow fashing not gonna cure it fully but did it to see if it would even be worth making hash out of lol. it would make hash but id guess its at 1/3-1/2 potency currently without a full flower cycle or curing.