early flowering

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stinkfinger661, May 10, 2010.

1. this is my first post and hope I dont offend. I planted clones in 25 gallon pots with miricle grow potting soil outdoors on sept 26. I believe that I over watered the plants for a period of 5 days, then backed off the water. Plants have survived the shock and are looking very healthy, but noticed a few days ago they have started to flower. The days are long enough here in central Cal, so not sure what caused the premature flowering.I have heard conflicting advice on solutions. Ive been advised to cut the heads off and also told to allow it to revert back to veg. My question is, which would be the better choice and why. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

2. Post a pic. Are you sure its flowering?

3. What you're seeing may just be pre-flowers. Are they exposed to light for all the hours that the sun is out?

It's been a lotta years since I grew outdoors but, seems like I recall that outdoor pot starts flowering in August. So, if you've got pre-flowers then just keep on keepin' on and you should have some pot ready to harvest in 5 months or so.

4. Thanks so much for your reply. To answer back: They are not exposed to direct sunlight the entire time the sun is out. Shaded by building as sun comes up and shaded by a wall as sun goes down. The best I can tell, this preflower is normal and it should revert back to veg by itself. Its been about 2 1/2 weeks and I still see preflowers at the new growth. Im not sure if my veg growth has been stunted by this or not. They seem to be growing still, just not sure if they are at full potential. Im curious if they will eventually stop showing preflower as it tips back to veg.

5. Preflowers don't mean its flowering. It means the plant is mature, and ready to flower when the conditions are right. It's still gonna keep growing and vegging if they're true preflowers.