Early flowering

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by scar red, May 12, 2019.

1. Hi, i started my own outdoor plant about a month ago and it seems as if the plant is already showing signs of flowering. I was wondering what i can do to bring the plant back into vegetaion or at least slower the process... any tipps you can give me?

Attached Files:

2. To early. First of May at the earliest.
    Newly sprouted seeds usually are not light aware for the first month or so and can be started outside the first or second week of May

More hours of light per day. 15 minimum. June and July are the 2 veg months outside and plants will drop into flower around Aug 1st and finish by Halloween.

Start more beans as this set will never perform up to par.

BNW

3. Did you start it outdoors or in? Its definitely flowering

4. I start my outdoor grows early April and haven't had an issue

5. Depends on Latitude as well. Further north you are the more the days extend. So Cal here and I've had nothing but trouble getting early starts not to flower early.
    We don't get that wide a swing in daylight hours. I try and give general advice that will work in most of the Northern Hemisphere. Local knowledge is always best. Post your general zone so others can see where you are and how that might relate to their grow.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. i started inside and moved it out like 2 wooks ago

7. Under lights? What schedule were they on?

8. Well... yes as there wasn't much sun to put my outdoor plant under, I put it under a low budget led lamp. But i didn't have a timer or somthing... after a couple of days i noticed that the leaves started to get all crooked so i started putting them outside, but then the 20 cm plant started developing signs of floration. Now i m trying to put her back into vegation... I heard that by cutting of the forming flower (some sort of topping i guess) i could manage to do that. what are your suggestions on that?

9. Topping won't put them back to veg. Once the plant realized the days are getting longer they should reveg themselves. Just leave them

10. oh ok. thank you :) i was getting worried

11. Not so much hours of light, but hours of darkness