Early flowering + when should i top?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ionic0420, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Ok growers I have a couple of questions for you.

I started my plants real early and they are already about 2 months old and they have been outside for about a month. Just about a week ago they all started to flower already. I got rid of the four males and kept the four females. Now I'm assuming they will revert back to veg state once the days become longer correct?

And assuming that is correct should I wait for them to revert back to veg to top them or should I top them now?

Two of the four females

image-2991884342.jpg

image-2783956925.jpg

the four males
    image-3290572391.jpg

One of the males that I was really hoping would be a female
    image-1519037593.jpg

2. My first year growing I put my plants out too early and they budded out in April I think. they went farther into the budding stages than yours but only about 1/2 of them actually came out of it the other half just kinda stretched and didn't grow right at all.

I dont know your options but if I was you i'd either start putting any kind of light on them at night you can scrounge up, it doesnt need to be a grow light. A little supplemental lighting in the middle of the plants sleep cycle will wake it up and stop the early budding.

after that first year though I promised myself I'd just pull any plants that early flower and replace them too much work for a stunted plant.

that being said I took a closer look at your plants I dont think they are far enough into flower to scrap them just yet try the extra lighting

3. Updated pictures taken today

All four lady's

image-107286962.jpg

image-2137054991.jpg

image-165629729.jpg

image-1746978489.jpg

4. You need to take them back inside and give them more light. Those plants will continue to flower another month if not to 6weeks. Those plants won't make it till summer. They will be ready to harvest

5. i started from seed outdoor about a week ago so im hoping they will just stay in veg witch i think they will since the wont be mature

6. does that whole re-vegging thing stunt plant growth or will it develop normally afterwards??

7. It will stunt it hard. It will knock off about a month of growth. I lost some good weight last year from it.

8. I got sum seedlings roughly 3 weeks now that the best performing of which looking almost like it would start flowering in a little while.....keeping my eyes on the light cycle outcide

9. So only 3 out of 4 females started flowering while the 4th is still in veg. Do you guys think that the light cycle had nothing to do with it and maybe some on my bag seeds are just from auto plants?
    The 3 that are in full flower

image-4048075134.jpg

image-1195478252.jpg

image-3122818432.jpg

The one still in veg

image-3930514109.jpg

image-3962157825.jpg

image-925487993.jpg

All of them plus the 8 I started on 4/20

image-503416624.jpg

10. Wait till they are at least 36''-40'' before topping they should flower real nice.