Early flowering help!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FredFigglehorn, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Okay so I messed up. I was under the impression that cannabis needed a strict 12 hr dark period to start blooming,other than autoflowering strains of course. I have recently become aware that is not the case. I currently have 11 plants, 4 larger females, the tallest being over 2 ft, 4 small seedlings about three weeks old that are on their 4th and 5th nodes, one of which has already shown pistils because of my mistake but that's not a big deal, and 3 mutants that weren't as healthy so I put them outside like two weeks ago. All of these plants were grown on under a 300w Viparspectra LED, which they were under for 24 hrs a day, other than when I sexed them under 12/12 in March. Flash forward to beginning of this month and I had put the 3 mutants outside to let mother nature decide their fate because the 4 large ladies took up my entire closet, with little room for the 4 babies. Now I've run out of room in there for more than two plants so I started flowering the smallest of the 4 queens, and moved the other 3 and the babies outside in the day and in my window at night. A few days later I noticed that the mutants outside are growing buds! Because they were already sexually mature and used to NO dark period, putting them outside in early April when we get only 13.5 hours of sunlight sent them straight into flower. Now I don't care about the mutants they've proven to be sturdy so far so it's up to them whether they want to survive/hermie. But as for my other 3 queens I don't want the same fate for them! I've noticed more and more white pistils popping up all over the place, I've got diminished node growth, and some of the pistils on all of them are started turning orange? I've always heard that was supposed to happen later in flowering so I'm wondering if my girls are that stretched. I don't have any other grow light I can put them under at night time will they stay in veg under a normal lamp even if it's not enough light to grow? Or am did I mess up big and I just have to let them flower for like a month and then re veg them?

2. 20170407_202357.jpg Pic of the 4 big queens to add some context, when they all fit in the closet together. The front left one (Judy) is the girl I just started flowering.

3. First pic is current setup during lights on, Judy (flowering) and Wonder Woman (supposed to be in veg) with the four babies. After lights off I take babies and Wonder Woman out to sit where Sheena is in front of the window. Next pics are Wonder Woman is it normal for a vegging plant to grow pistils like Father Time's pubic hairs or is she starting to flower too? If she is can I leave her in the closet with Judy or will she stretch to much my light is as high as possible and it's probably only 4 or 5 ft up so I think she'll stretch too much. The fucked up growth is from topping because I was getting sick of looking at the stunted leaves and I figure if I do have to flower her I can attempt to train her but I don't have much room to work with horizontally either. Last pics are of Sheena she sits in front of the window because it's been cloudy and rainy here and I'm worried about WPM since I saw a little speck of powder on the last queen (Suzie) who I've since left outside for fear of contaminating my entire crop. Haven't seen any since so it might have been nothing but I'm not taking any chances. Should pistils be turning orange in veg/early flower? Always heard that was a sign of being ready to harvest but she doesn't even have buds yet.

Attached Files:

4. Oh yeah and I'm growing in FF Happy Frog and I'm 90% sure the strain is Black Bear Kush but my seeds may have gotten mixed up if any of that is relevant.

5. I am little confused....

Lets talk about the plants you care about... What light cycle are they under right now?

6. Okay plants I care about are the ones that I've named. (Once you name it you get attached!) Judy is flowering so she's fine but the other three are acting like they are flowering when they're not supposed to and I think it's because of the drastic change in light cycle.

7. Still hav not answered the question. What light cycle do you have judy and the others

• Like Like x 1
  8. Still hav not answered the question. What light cycle do you have judy and the others

• Like Like x 1
  9. Judy 12/12 the others are getting natural light for about 13.5 hours outdoors right now in the PNW and I keep them under a regular lamp at night but I don't think that's enough to keep them from flowering.

10. So your plants are under 12/12 light cycle and youre wondering why they are budding?

... Did you actually read anything?

12 and below plants flower
    16 and above plants veg

• Like Like x 1
  11. If youve been running them at 12/12 youre better off just keeping them in flower and finishing them off that way. That's what's fun about growing, you never stop learning.

12. Why did you go to 12/12 if you didn't want judy to flower yet?

13. No just the one is under 12/12 the others are outside and under a regular light for the other 11 hours but they look like they're flowering anyway I wanted to know if there was anyway to stop this other than buying a new grow light or should I just let them flower for a month until the daylight cycle is longer and reveg them? I don't have room to flower them all in my closet so they're not going to make it all the way through the flowering stage because it's April. By mid may the sun will be out for closer to 15 hours a day and that will trigger vegetation. Do you understand what I'm saying now lol I'm sorry I appreciate the help.

14. No just the one is under 12/12 the others are outside and under a regular light for the other 11 hours but they look like they're flowering anyway I wanted to know if there was anyway to stop this other than buying a new grow light or should I just let them flower for a month until the daylight cycle is longer and reveg them? I don't have room to flower them all in my closet so they're not going to make it all the way through the flowering stage because it's April. By mid may the sun will be out for closer to 15 hours a day and that will trigger vegetation. Do you understand what I'm saying now lol I'm sorry I appreciate the help.

15. I wanted to flower Judy she's not the problem the problem are the other three.

16. Take Judy out of the equation lol I only brought her up to explain why I don't have access to a grow light at the moment lol

17. Just let them be. If you try to veg them they will turn into a mess...

Next time though a simple light can keep them vegging put doors. My outdoor plants are under 2 led lights hooked up to a sun timmer. They come on after sun set and turn off after 4 hours givng them an extra 4 hours of light.

18. Just let them be. If you try to veg them they will turn into a mess...

Next time though a simple light can keep them vegging put doors. My outdoor plants are under 2 led lights hooked up to a sun timmer. They come on after sun set and turn off after 4 hours givng them an extra 4 hours of light.

19. So you're saying I should leave them outside and let them flower for a month or so? I'm not going to have any space to finish flowering so if I leave them outside I have no choice but to reveg them or harvest early but I'd rather let them reveg.

20. It's Spring so there's no possible way to just let them flower outside. Right now they get almost 14 hours of light outside so in a month the sun will put them in veg cycle. I guess I could cover them after 12 hrs of sunlight? I've heard of harvesting outdoor in the summer and the sun being stronger than in the fall.