Early calcium deficiency?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by FirsTimeGrowerW1ll, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Noticed this happening to a couple leaves on 2 of my plants. Plant deficiency chart suggest early calcium deficiency to me. The only thing they have been fed is Gaia Green 4-4-4, 2-8-4, and EWC. I top dressed last Tuesday 70/30 2-8-4 and 4-4-4 with EWC when I flipped to flower, so it won’t be totally available yet, but they got a light top dress with 4-4-4 two weeks before that.

I do have some sensi cal-mag xtra but was hoping to not use any bottled nutes.

Attached Files:

2. What is your medium?

3. Pro mix organic with 1/3 perlite.

4. #4 GroBuddy, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Magnesium yellows between the veins calcium are rusty specks or dots

If you dont want to use liquid nutrients get gypsum and Epsom salt. Tablespoon per gallon for each. Dolomite lime is also a cal/mag nutrient but it'll raise soil ph. Epsom salt can also be used as a foliar spray. Around 150 to 200ppms 30mins or so before lights cut on. Dont water/feed and foliar spray the same day.

5. Seems like your recommending I do mag and cal? If that’s the case I don’t mind doing a foliar spray of the bottle I have. But if I can just do Epsom salts that’s easy to grab at the pharmacy

6. #6 GroBuddy, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    For me it's too early to say it's any kind of deficiency. You can have light growth or leaf issues that really dont amount to much. I was just giving you alternatives to using liquid nutrients.
    Epsom salt is fairly hard to over use so it wouldnt hurt to add some, but if I had to make a call right now I'd lean towards magnesium

I'll add any time I think I may have a deficiency first thing I'll do is always check ph first, just to make sure ph is in range for nutrient uptake.

• Like Like x 1