earlier incident

Discussion in 'General' started by purplemeadow, Feb 4, 2007.

1. today I was at my buddys house and we were smoking out of a bowl in his room. his rents were home but his room is pretty isolated so he can pretty much do whatever he wants, or so he thought. well, his mom smells something coming from his room and then she stormed in and took the piece which was still rolling. it was my piece which kinda made me mad but I wasn't gonna say anything in the heat of the moment, and later she destroyed it. anyways, his rents are telling him that he cant drive anymore with their car because he might be high and kill someone and they would be liable since he is 17 and they are afraid of getting sued. this really sucks for me because he lives about 40 minutes away and we usually meet at a white castle in the middle and smoke but now I guess I will have to pick him up...I have kinda been curious about the whole liability thing though because I thought that at 17 what he may do outside the house would be charged to him unless his parents actively participated. does just knowing that your kid smokes make you liable if he gets in a wreck because he is high on weed? I think that weed makes you focus more, any research on this?...