Ear piercing(s) on guys

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by DankStreet, Mar 20, 2015.

1. #1 DankStreet, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
    So I was thinking lately and decided its time to get my ears pierced (both). But what is the general consensus about it. What would someone think if they saw them pierced? What about the gc community, what's your thoughts about it? Feel free to shit all over the idea.

2. Probably wouldent notice unless they were them big ones that hove a big hole in them

3. If you are worried about what people will think, don't do it. I have plugs. I rarely wear tunnels and it still upsets people. Some people will judge you even if you are at a standard gauge. If this bothers you, don't do it. If you are like me and don't give a fuck, pierce away. 

4. #4 DankStreet, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2015
    Could you explain what u mean by plugs, tunnels, and gauge.

5. Gauge would be the diameter of whatever you are wearing. For instance, I think the standard gauge that you see with regular piercings is usually 14 or 18. When someone stretches their ears, as the diameter goes up, the gauge number goes down. If you started at 14, you'd go to 12, 10, 8, 6, etc. until you get to 0. Then the sizes are displayed differently. 

Have you ever seen people that have their ears pierced but the "earrings" look bigger? If they take them out the hole is bigger than a standard piercing. Those are plugs. Plugs are sometimes held in the ear by o rings, but the ones I like are flared on the end so they stay in your ear. 

When you see people walking around and it looks like they have a hole in their ear, those are tunnels. Tunnels are simply hollow plugs that you can see through. 

Of course you don't really have to worry about any of this stuff unless you stretch your ears. If you do though, remember that it's called stretching and not gauging. Hope that helps you buddy. 

6. Why does it matter what others think? dont live your life pleasing other man.
    Ask yourself this question....Do you want your ears peirced? If the answer is Yes then get it done, if it is No then dont.

Easy :)
    Chef.