Eagle Talons

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Novek, Jan 11, 2010.

1. |Good cars or no?

2. If you are considering buying one, get the TSi AWD model, because it's AWD and it's turbo. if I had 4K to spend on a car right now, it'd be a Talon TSi. All I really know about the engine is that it's a 4G63 which is pretty solid from what i've read.

I haven't seen any posts from him lately, but our fellow blade Talon owns a Talon (TSi turbo I believe). he knows his shit about cars as well, so i'd recommend shootin a PM to him.

3. my rl friend drives this car. shits fast as hell. if you have any questions about it i'll show him this thread. he posts here sometimes.

4. i prefer the 2nd generatation mitsu eclipse that shares the body type...

5. same engine and platform as older evos (like 4 or 5) i believe.

so yea good car

6. DSM's are fuckin rowdy.....

7. It is a good car. I have both a 2g and an evo. The only problem I gave with the GSX is that i snap axles when i do donuts in the snow. If you maintain the car the right way they will treat you good. Just be ready to fix stuff, bc most others mess things up. The gsx is a daily driver with about 300 hp on a evo 3 16g. The evo is a different story. Stroker motor with 60-1 turbo making 530 hp on 93 octane.

8. theyre strong, stout cars. i used to only work on 4g63 cars at one point in time.

9. Ive got a 2g talon. you will quickly get to know these cars in and out, and become a mechanic in no time haha. they are great cars if you give them the respect they diserve. but if you dont take care of it, then it will break often. the community with these cars is pretty amazing.

10. evos 1-3 had the same exact 7 bolt engine. 4-9 have been flipped for weight distribution. i currently have a 92 TSi AWD, a 95 TSi AWD, and 95 ESi 420a.

first thing i did when i got the cars were maintenance. the worst problem i have ever got was a fuel injector getting fried from serious boost and wheelbearings. each one of those took me 45 minutes to do. damn shame ralliart is going out of business.