e420a's first grow pictorial

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by e420a, Jun 25, 2009.

1. #1 e420a, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
    whats up yall. alright so this is my first grow ever, and to refrain from making this journal unreadable im gonna be making most of my posts be pics. also ill try to keep all the other info short and too the point. i know that if i dont then i wont stop rambling on about somethin.

here we go...

grow type: indoor organic closet grow
    plants:4
    soil: fox farm ocean forest
    strain: 1xCali HP (HP), 1x Blueberry HP (BHP), 2x Super Lemon Haze (SLH)
    veg lights: 8x 26watt 6500k CFL, 1x 125 watt 6500k mogul-base CFL
    flower lights: 2x 42watt 2700k CFL, 400 watt HPS bulb(not purchased yet, subject to change)
    what ive done so far: HP and BHP sprouted on monday. after they popped i started germin the 2 SLH seeds. one has popped and is getting light, the other it looks will have to wait till morning
    questions so far: theres discolorations on one leaf likes its burnt, but the cfl isnt any closer than 2" away from plant. what to do?

more pics and info on my grow room will come later when these plants aren't babies anymore.

pic 1: SLH day 1 above soil. - pic 2: BHP day 2.5. - pic 3: issue on the BHP leaf

ok thats that, ill answer any questions/ suggestions as quick as possible.
    until then ill be :bongin:

Attached Files:

2. i woke up at 4:15 this morning, packed a 4:20 wake n bake, and got busy installing a dead bolt on my closet knob. this, in my opinion, is essential to anyone who is growing in an area at chance of someone snoopin around.

pic1: old doorknob
    pic2: door w/o locking mechanism
    pic3: newly installed deadbolt
    pic4: key acts as knob to grow closet

Attached Files:

3. time for a mid-morning medicali :bongin: :bongin: :bongin:

Attached Files:

4. #4 bouncyball, Jun 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2009
    sweet deal. i like that idea of a deadbolt replacement for closet door. it would obviously cause questions to arise but i could think of simple answers .. just say you lock your closet because you have alot of expensive clothing items / jewlery and that sort of stuff.

about the yellowing. no worries there, it's just on those little preleaf things, i forget their name. those will always end up yellowing and falling off once the real leaves start to grow. :)

edit: i looked closer. i do see a yellow tip on that 3rd picture. just let it be for now and if yellowing only continues on those tiny leaves you're ok. if it starts to grow on the fan leaves .. well, cross that bridge when you get to it

5. rowdy

Attached Files:

6. my closet is on the bottom floor facing the backyard so it looks a lot like it could be a door to an outside entrance that we dont want to be used. im happy with the result, it draws so much less attention to my hidden area.

oh and the yellowing has been going steady on that leaf (cotyledon) since it sprouted, maybe because thats the leaf the seed was stuck on. it started to brown a very little bit on a fan leaf(left of photo) so i had to move the lights up a few inches. fan leaves are getting wider though, and second leaf set is comin in strong...

Attached Files:

7. I like your choice of strains. The super lemon is a awesome plant. I have one that is about to reach it's eighth week. Good Luck

8. yeah man i totally agree with you. the two freebies that i got with the SLH seeds both had their issues sprouting, but the super lemon seeds both germ'd and sprouted wonderfully. on both of them, the stalk came above ground already very strong and after putting it under light i can already tell these plants are going to be a treat to grow and smoke. :smoke:

these are my two super lemon haze ladies...
    pic 1: youngest SLH (2 days old)
    pic 2: older SLH (3 days old)

p.s. the leaf on pic 2 is drooping b/c just earlier i removed the seed casing

Attached Files: