E-Liquid - What Am I Doing Wrong?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Vegi, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Hey guys,

Wondered if I could get some help?

I have always smoked tobacco/weed mixture spliffs my whole life (not sure if its a UK thing) and my resolution is to deviate well away from tobacco but still achieve the same high. I really don't smoke much so e-liquid rather than dry vaping seems the best method for me (I have the pen and ingredients).

I bought an e-liquid kit (consisting of Vegetable Glycerin (VG) and Propylene Glycol (PG)) and made using this video as follows:

1. Decarbed 4g Weed in oven
    2. Soaked in 70/30 VG/PG mix in a sealed jar and then let sit in simmering water for about 3 hours.
    3. Filtered and used the e-liquid in my Aspire to smoke.

It created great clouds of smoke and completely left me feeling waaaaaaaaay better in terms of breath and throat compared to my tobacco mix spliffs.

BUT...

I just didn't get the same high, in fact, I'd say there wasn't much of a high at all. Which is weird as when I do the same for making cannacocooil its potent as hell. And I used 4g of my homegrown Northern Lights.

What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help please?

I really wanna deviate away from tobacco, I have all the stuff to make it work but just not getting the high. Seems like something in the process is wrong.

Any ideas? Any help appreciated.

Vegi

2. I wouldn't decarb weed if you're going to use it in a vape, and 30-45 minutes is too long, I only decarb for about 20. Some of the thc could have been degraded to CBD.

Or it's not concentrated enough.

• Like Like x 1
  3. @Vegi
    1 gram of hash-kief
    3 eyedroppers of 190-151 proof ever clear
    5 ml of high ratio PG to VG..
    Boil, cool, and stir repeatedly until the alcohol is all heated-burned off..
    Strain through wetted coffee filter..
    The 190 proof helps with the transfer as VG is a really crappy solvent for cannabis..
    Stronger base cannabis like a concentrate.. Higher ratio of PG to VG seems to make the most difference..
    I've got some PEG-200 and PEG-400 coming to see how that works.. It's the makeup of the better known Canna transfer liquid EJ-mix..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks guys for such a quick response.

How do I get all the alcohol out the mix (really trying to steer clear of alcohol use in the process).

Could I use 99.9% Isopropyl instead of everclear? (We don't get everclear here in the UK).

Could I use bud instead of hash?

Vegi

Sent from an outer space intergalactic dimension 100 light years away...

5. #5 IronJuke, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Alcohol boils off at about 180F / 88c. Recommend an oil bath...use a meat thermometer and heat to about 100c and it will all bubble off.

So no high proof Ethyl alcohols available at all?

They use isopropyl in Rick Simpson Oil (watch YouTube about RSO). You have to make sure you boil it all off in that case. It's not very toxic in pure form. It reacts to metals, so maybe stir with glass or plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. @Vegi
    www.thedrinkshop.com
    www.mastersofmalt.com
    Both show a 90% irish poteen clear grain alcohol..
    Another is the polish Spirytus @ 192 proof..
    I'd try some of the smaller liquor shops and see if you can find one or the other..
    Worst case is some 100 proof vodka as that should be findable.