Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

E-Juice Glycerin tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by lil_poot, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Hey guys I just got a e-cig I can refill so I want to try to make a glycerin tincture but I only have a half gram of some good bud. I was wondering if I can use half gram to a half oz of glycerin. Also I only have a big crock pot so I was wondering if I can put the mixture in a glass jar put in the pot and fill the pot with water so I won't crack the pot. Will this work any advise is nice thanks.

2. #2 BadKittySmiles, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2012
    You're probably going to want to use hash or a concentrate for an e-cig tincture... unless you have a very low tolerance, it's not easily possible to achieve the correct ratio using flowers to glycerin, you need something more concentrated or you'll be vaping all day before you feel anything. :)

But if you really enjoy vaping your e-cig for pleasure-sake, and if you can accept or don't mind that it may take a while to kick in*, then using flowers should be fine.

(* This means you need to run your e-cig for longer, and also keep in mind that flower-based tinctures contain traces of inert matter that put additional stress on the equipment.)

I'd say that you could try multiple runs.. that is, you could try splitting your herb into several portions, then saturate the first portion using as little glycerin as possible, process it, strain it, then repeat one after the other using the same glycerin, with the remaining portions.

However I don't suggest that with glycerin where, to begin with, it isn't as fast or powerful a solvent as oil for instance, and over-heating it (one run, after the next to perform the extraction) can damage potency a bit quicker than oil as well, meaning the earliest material extracted may be very diminished by the end.

So for the very best results, with the least chance for disappointment, a good concentrate tincture is what you're after... not only will it be potent enough to get you where you need to be, in less than a cart, but with a quick clean concentrate infused with glycerin, you'll be protecting your equipment against the stress and damage caused by the little inert/un-vapable plant matter that enters when a glycerin tincture is made with flowers.
    You won't need to clean your atomizer as frequently, and you won't need to over-heat/over-use it for each hit, with a cleaner tincture. :hello:

The only difference between making a glycerin tincture with flowers, and hash/concentrate, is that the latter is more dense and requires more manual agitation during the earlier stages of the heated process, otherwise, you can be left with a slowly disolving 'lump' of hash by the end of the process, while the earliest to dissolve has already been long-infused.. this can extend the time required and, again, can degrade the potency of the earliest material, as well as the 'lump'.

So try to warm and flatten it out in the base of your container, before adding your warmed glycerin and beginning.

You can also take a smaller portion of warm glycerin (a fraction of the amount you'd use for the whole recipe), plunk your hash in, and keep mashing and stirring until it's disolved to the naked eye, then add that to the remainder of the glycerin and continue processing from the start, as though you were just beginning the recipe using flowers.

These are what you'll need, when you decide to go through with it (you *may* want to wait until you have more material to work with, so it's more worth your time.... try setting aside buds that look less appealing to smoke, and if you pluck off stray leaves from your smoking buds, you can always save them for the project too :) );

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included...
    similar to Phoenix Tears & BHO, but bioavailable & made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

And...

BadKat's Medical Grade Glycerin Tincture (for hash & flowers, with instructions for both the oven & crock-pot)

Glycerin Tincture

[​IMG]

And a tip, if you do use your crock pot filled with water, line the base and sides (under the line of the water) with an old kitchen towel... I say to use an 'old one', but this really shouldn't hurt a normal cotton towel in the least. Cleaning laundry with boiling water used to be commonplace! This will keep your smaller container from clunking into the sides, possibly shattering. :)

Good luck, and have fun! :wave:

3. Thanks bks I will try the concintrate next time. I may just use this one for under the tongue. One question is it supposed to get dark when it's done? This is the one I just pulled out.

image-62229277.jpg