E-Cigarettes: A How-To With Canna

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BadKittySmiles, Nov 22, 2010.

1. update....
    recipe worked out fine!!!! nice potency, about 6-7puffs, nd felt somethin ;D
    used 3grams for about 15ml vg.... decarb covered for 20minutes at 195F, then mix mj and vg, put in oven for about 5hrs at 195F
    only issue i had was with straining.... i could hardly get any tinct out of the plant matter, only enough to coat my fingers ;s lol
    so i decided to be creative, and wash everything (including cheeseclothe) with ethanol, very quick wash, like 10-15secs, than i filtered and boiled off the ethanol to completion....

ty kitty, u just made my holidays, nd my year as a matter of fact....
    can wait to try with bho instead of bud ;)

2. - Grind your material. If using sticky chunks of hash, break up into smaller pieces (don't worry about making the pieces dry-sift-small; you'll be able to stop the process several times, allowing the tincture to cool, and manipulate it further to break it up and help expose it). Decarb briefly in your dish, as described in several other recipes (page one).

would there be any advantages to using keif? i know u recommended hash for e cigs because of more potency and less plant volume. if i used kief would that be better than just ground bud? also would i need to decarb differently with keif? i would imagine its more fragile. please help!   

3. Ok so maybe somebody who has been following this thread can answer this for me- what ratio should one use if using keif?  Like 1 gram keif to 1 fl oz of VG?

4. Super big thanks and Rep to BadKittySmiles, PsychedelicSam, WildWIll and the others whose recipes, time and effort have enlightened us all...

I'm trying to wrap my head around a few things, maybe someone has some answers to clear things up.
    perhaps @[member="Greenpastures"] as you are working in chemistry right now.

1st Test
    I had 2oz VG Tinc (very lite potency, 2 week cure), I had 1oz GreenDragon everclear Tinc (Good potency/spacey buzz) to experiment to combine for e-cig canna juice.
    I combined GD with VG, evaporated off everclear in water bath for 2 hours (I still had slightly more liquid than originally started with, PsychedelicSam said it was normal and everclear/alchohol had evaporated enough to become PG - is this possible?)
    @[member="Greenpastures"] - your in chemistry, can the everclear evap enough to become a Propylene Glycol?
    The final product - 2.25oz of VG with GD everclear concentrate has been curing for a week now.
    -Taken sublingually, 1ml provides a mild buzz, 2ml it increases, 3ml I want to fall asleep.
    -Put into e-cig - Using Kangertech EVOD - Slight buzz with one strong vape, 5-10 vapes I wanted to fall asleep 30 minutes later!

Did the extra heat to evap off everclear bring out too many CBD's causing heavier "couchlock/sleepytime"?
    All material was decarbed first, 250f at 27-28min. I originally wasn't intending to concentrate and make a VG e-cig canna juice.

2nd Test
    I have new batch of GD everclear tincture being made using the freezer method from PsychedelicSam, however used more plant material and did a lighter decarb in relation to liquid ratio - will end up with 3.5fl oz of concentrated Everclear GD tinc.
    Planning on combining similar ratio for e-cig use. 2oz VG:1oz of concentrated everclear GD tinc. Evap off the everclear and have 2-2.25ml of VG e-cig juice. Even if I water bath/evap off everclear and I'm still left with a little more liquid/PG, is this safe to consume via vapeing methods with e-cig? I'm concerned the idea I evaporated off the everclear and it turned to PG is troubling me. Did the everclear actually change to a PG mix and will be ok to consume?

I also looked over the photos of BKS's vaping with a fog machine. Notice one of the photos she shows how the bag used to vape with developed a VG film on the inside of it. Isn't that basically like your lungs? If used enough or in excess we could be pasting a layer of Vegetable glycerin all over our lungs? Will it absorb into our already moist and wet lung tissue? Maybe I'm over thinking this... Any ideas fellow blades?
    :gc_rocks:

5. Awesome information, amazing pics. :hello: :hello: :hello:

6. #306 DeletedFromIt, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    Hey all. I'm hoping to make some decent e-liquid to medicate with. I have a roommate who has been cranking out some Green Dragon using one of those MagicalButter machines. I am wondering if adding GD to vegetable glycerin would be sufficient for e-cigs.

I've got roughly 17.5 grams of bud to work with along with a little less than a gram of hash oil and a small amount of keef. What I'm thinking I would do is take all that and drop it in the MB with 2 cups of everclear, run the infusion cycle, strain, boil off alcohol, add tincture to VG. Then I figure I pop it in my tank with a variable volt battery and I'm good to go, right?

If anyone could provide some insight as to whether this is a viable method - and whether it would require any steps I haven't identified - I would be very grateful.  Please excuse me if this information has been expressed already, but I was having some trouble finding a direct answer.

EDIT: I also have some stems and ABV. It's not much but I figure every little bit counts, so I made some ISO oil to add in as well.

7. #307 Deleted member 424398, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    Good thing I found this!
    I wanna make a juice that contains 10 ml of vg tincture (2-3gs/FL Oz) mixed with 2 mls of Green Dragon tincture (7-10gs/3.5FL Oz reduced to 1.5FL Oz) 1ml of flavoring (cotton candy?) And water if needed to thin this out
    Can someone guide me here? Will this be super potent? Have you trried this? Can you try this? If you do can you report this? Lol thanks

8. #308 cannacultureaddict, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    I made some of this and it turned out quite dark. I used the black 4QT CROCKPOT brand crockpot on low an cooked for about 7 hrs.  It is really dark and hits very harsh through an e cig, anyone have a clue why or how i may be able to clean it up..

edit: it was made from trimmings/AVB, could this be the possible problem?

9. #309 HC88, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
     I am about to attempt this in the next couple days, also would like to know about an AVB blend, not sure how much AVB to Vg I should use, guessing 9 grams to 1 ounce would be good but I might be overdoing that. Was also thinking of flavoring it, maybe coffee flavor, or something that would make it taste good with AVB besides the sweetness that comes from VG, maybe Vanilla extract? 

10. Hey all. . Been working on a gd tincture that i reduced down to an oil. . I will be attempting to mix this with ejuice, non nicotine version to use in my vape pen.. I've posted in Sams thread, which btw is very informative to say the least. Any one try this? i will be honest. . I haven't read threw this entire thread. . I read the first 4 or 5 pages. . Thanks again all!

11. I have read so many ratios about how much MMJ to VG that I'm kinda confused. I want to use the medicated VG in a portable vaporizer. Is one gram of MMJ per 1oz of VG enough? I plan to let it sit in VG for at least 2 months. I heard I should mix in a little Everclear as well. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

12. Very interesting thread! 10 thumbs up!!!
    B)

13. I've really enjoyed browsing this thread, you guys have a ton of great info in here.  It seems like most people here are making their own tinctures, is there a trusted source for ordering such things? 
    I've only used my vaporizers for nicotine based e-liquids so far (about 2 years), but people always ask me if I'm toking on something "funny" and finally the other day it clicked and I wondered if it was really a thing people did.  It seems like it would be a wonderful way to enjoy my stash, but I wouldn't trust myself to make any kind of concoction with it.  This may be the wrong thread for asking about this, sorry this is my first post!

14. Has anyone tried Vapeur Extract?

15. On the east coast here, so the plant material isn't as plentiful as other places. Was thinking of making Rick Simpson oil then taking that oil & using farm to vape to make my mj.e.juice. My question for you lovely folks here is, can I use this electric kettle to boil off the everclear?[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

16. THANK YOU SOO MUCH BadKittySmiles, PsychedelicSam, WildWIll, Chronicsman!!!
    Everyone on this has really gave me confidence that it should work.
    Friend had made some shatter and after only a few weeks it "changed" - became so sticky that it had to be left in the freezer.
    Each time you pulled it out you literally had 30 seconds to take a piece off to use.
    I"ve wondered for years whether this could be salvaged into another more useful medium.
    Been using the stealth pens (Essential - made in Vancouver, G-Pen's Snoop Dogg version) for a few years now and left one at my brother's house for when I visit. When I visited this summer he had a fairly large battery with this tank cylinder atop of it that he was now using to vape his nicotine juices.
    For kicks I attached my small basic single-coil tank to his battery and it rocked!
    Never before had I been able to draw such a huge, clean cloud!
    Amazing hit!
    Tried it two more times and my coil was pooched.
    Intending to find more about this cool looking battery of my brother's, we drove to a new upscale vape shop in the area.
    Staff were clueless to shatter/ejuice but were keen to hypothesize and aid in my adventure lol
    Ended up buying the newer model of the battery my bro had.
    His was a variable wattage 30W by Eleaf, and I got the 40W with temperature control.
    Came with a 510 adapter so I could use the coils for my cheap pen ones, too.
    Now it was time to select what this baby would power.
    Pluto made the "Fireplace- Revolving Door Vapourizer" for buds. Spins to open a spot to slide your bud into then spin more to re-shut lol
    Coil is spiral shaped like an old electric stovetop burner, and the mouthpiece to inhale from helps to press down the flower closer to the coil - gotta check it out! Never really liked using it, but fun concept anyways.
    For vaping the ejuice I still yet hoped to make, the staff figured a good sized tank like what my bro had would be best.
    An affordable AND quality piece by KangerTech was next.
    The SubTank Mini comes with a 4.5ml reservoir tank, OCC (Organic Cotton Coil), Nickel heating element (Ni 200) with temp control capabilities.
    Bought some 0.0nicotine ejuice (VG/PG) that was flavoured (one apricot, one Appleton Rum) and diluted 0.5g shatter into 20ml of ejuice while double boiling in a shot glass and stirring frequently. Was left with a glob that wouldn't stay well mixed so just removed it and used the liquid. Filled up the SubTank and every 7 puffs resulted in a very light buzz.
    Online I learned of a blended PG bottle named MJMix. One forum said it was a blend of PG100, 200 and 300, with PEG400 USP.
    This mix provided the ease of lightly heated shatter to be mixed with drops of this juice and stay stable (not separate) so it can be evenly vaped by the tank's atomizer. The you-tube vid impressed me. Some said it had an unpleasant taste (like plastic) and that a better choice was a brand called Puff Majic.
    This weekend I drove out to a wholesaler that sells online. Booked myself a visit and they advised me to some nifty stuff.
    Bought 1L of PG (Propylene Glycol USP) that they guaranteed was pure/ unaltered.
    Seven 30ml flavourings
    - Caramel, White Chocolate (TPA/TFA)
    - Apricot, Strawberry (Flavour Art)
    - Concord Grape (Capella)
    - Blueberry (SuperConcentrate)
    500ml beaker, couple syringes and 10ml filling containers
    Today while reading this forum I made my second attempt.
    Filled a medium pot with water.
    Placed a 500ml measuring cup with 100ml of water in it, handle hanging over edge of pot to keep steady.
    Now my new beaker (that word always gives me giggles) filled with 12ml of my pure PG.
    Heated it for 30 minutes keeping it under 180F (usually 165F), mixed in 0.2g of that shatter from my freezer into the beaker (lol) and once all was diluted (mixed incredibly easy) I removed the beaker and let cool on a washcloth.
    Reheated it to 160F and flavoured it with White Choc (6 drops) and Caramel (4 drops), stirred for 5 minutes then removed it to cool.
    Filled my SubTank and we've been loving it all night!
    PG works pretty good, unsure if I'd use VG ever again.
    Will report back whether it separates in future, and any other adventures...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hi
    Thank you for the best info and tutorial iv seen so far.

I'm trying to make a very potent tincture to be used in my E-cig. I'm using premium Afghani Hashish (Hash) in my tincture and I need your advise in Decarbe and Ratios and dosing process.

Decarbe: Is it must if the tincture is for e-cigs? dose it add potency? what is the time and temp when decarbing hash?

Ratios and Dosing: in this section I notices you only mentioned info about Edible and sublingual tinctures but what about tincture for Vapeing in e-cigs? for these ratios do you mean grams of hash or grams of bud? should we use the same sublingual minimum of 3g per liquid Oz for e-cigs? if the ratios you posted are for grams of bud, what should the equivalent in Hash be? meaning how many grams of Hash should be used for a liquid Oz of VG to get a very potent e-cig tincture? I read it some ware that VG has a THC saturation limit of 33%. So what is the maximum grams of hash that could be efficiently diluted in a liquid Oz of VG without waste of undissolved THC and hash material?

Excuse me for asking too many questions but I would really appreciate you help.

Best Regards

• Like Like x 1
  18. Its nice to shearing this type post. I liked to vaporized with this type liquid.:)

19. #319 BrassNwood, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    [​IMG]
    My Evil smoking buddy picked one up at the local dispensary so naturally I followed suit..
    With his first empty in hand we started working up refill juice
    [​IMG]
    Vision II spinner battery

[​IMG]
    As a legal personal medical grower I have material to burn as it were so I have plenty of dry ice kief to experiment with..
    The metal cap holds about a gram of 160 micron dry ice kief. To that I add an eyedropper of 190 proof ever clear to help the transfer and to thin a bit.. Fill cap with off the shelf E juice of choice (easy simple starts with 0 mg nicotine E juice) Takes about 5ml to fill the cap.. Heat till bubbling a couple of times and pour through water dampened coffee filter while hot.. Squeeze gently to avoid tearing the filter paper..
    [​IMG]
    It does work very well and 3 or 4 drags will knock me back quite nicely.. It's roughly the same strength as the dispensary carts they sell for 50 bucks a pop..
    Did up a few flavors for TTS and I to try over the next couple of days..
    [​IMG]
    Between the head shop and the vape shop up town I'll get a better education on the tanks and batteries-mods before we buy more hardware.. Damn sure don't need a huge cloud chaser tank as I'd be down on my face after 6 hits..
    The far left tank is the latest and it's a name brand unit with a glass shell and has by far the best draw and flavor of all the carts so far.. With still having visible kief particles in the juice I'm thinking it'll foul the coils soon enough so we picked up several cheap non rebuildable carts to play with and new coils for the better glass ones..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  20. Great guide, and if you guys are looking for new quality flavors to test, then i would recommend Nicorex (especially the signature series) , you will not be dissapointed, have a nice day ;)