Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

E-cigarette THC liquid

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by illuminati168, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Long time troll, first time poster =)

It's become clear to me after a good bit of searching that not much definitive has come from the discussion on using e-cigarettes for THC. Since I just received a KR808D-1, I figured I'd appreciate some solid direction on this =) Here's my idea for a THC recipe. Please offer any discussion/suggestions/questions/comments/etc =)

Questionably valid statement (this is correct, yes?):
    **** E-cigarettes are not vaporizers, really. They are atomizers, boiling propylene glycol, which carries particles of liquid nicotine to the lungs for delivery. Therefore, it is not really necessary for the heating element to reach a temperature sufficient for THC vaporization (and if it did, the THC would certainly be vaporized by the element, as nicotine has a higher boiling point?), just high enough to boil the PG (which it obviously does). *****

1) Make hash oil using the butane extraction method.
    2) Dissolve this oil in a tiny amount of ethanol (to liquefy it somewhat)
    3) Mix into (heated?) PG, allow time for proper dispersion.
    4) Inject into cartridge
    5) Smoooooooke

It seems like this would be significantly less time-consuming than soaking bud in PG (which also dissolves the chlorophyll and other parts of the plant, which would be avoided by butane-extracted oil). Also, any idea on how much bud would be appropriate for 1 cartridge? 5-10g of high quality herb sounds about right? Too much? too little?

2. Curious to see if this actually works. Good luck on whoever tries.

3. Now I'm not really sure, but I believe hash oil still has to be lit, or some sort of heat source. Even Vaping requires heating.

4. Oh, it definitely gets hot. It's still boiling propylene glycol, which I'd think is plenty hot to "activate" THC, which im unsure is necessary. It's just a question of how hot and is it really relevant

5. was hoping for more input =\

6. I know a guy who just modified his e-cig to smoke hash oil. Idk what he did, but I know it wasn't as complicated as that. Let me know if that works though

7. I'm probably wrong, but I remember reading a couple of threads about this awhile back and a lot of people said that it would clog up the works. I don't remember the reasoning behind it though. Something to look into anyway.

8. Only one way to find out. Test it and post the results.

9. Basically the theory is that if you make a green dragon variant using nice bud and everclear, make it real potent, and mix into a pg blend, that would be the vaporizer solution. But I havn't tried with mine yet, its on the to do list. I made a thread about this a while back ago.

10. these e-cigs actually breathe in water vapour, I would expect that you would need to put the THC in something that is soluable but a liquid as well?

11. I think the basic idea though, is to make a tincture with something that evaporates or disolves in as clean a fashion as possible while leaving the vapor. Alcohol would be my first thought as well, since you could conceiveably control the amount of alcohol through evaporation. You would need to maintain something liquid enough to transport the thc, but viscous enough to evaporate without giving you a huge puff of inhaled alcohol along with the thc. I think it would take some experimentation, and that you should use the purest drinkable alcohol available. But it sounds very doable. I think there still would be residue, given that every time I've made green dragon, that it always ends up with a thicker more viscous quality to it. It always stains green as well. Which confused the hell out of me for days after I had pulled it out after aging. The glass had a crack in it, so when poured into, it left an impression on the countertop. My daughter saw it the next morning, after coming home from grandma's and said, "Daddy, there's jesus on the counter.". No lie. The stain had dried in the shape of our lord! Or a wookie. You interpret that how you like. ;)

12. You must have certainly taken a picture, no?