e-Cigarette modded with THC

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by herecomesthesun, Apr 11, 2009.

1. There's like fifty thousand different kinds of these handheld portable vaporizers.

My friend got a prototype from a dispensary like 6months ago and the thing was badass. No tobacco or anything....

We were using it in class lol and no one knew.

Cartridges cost like an eight though. $45 a cartridge and it recharged via USB

2. Acid is liquid, they just drop in on tabs. Unless you're talking about a different kind of acid

3. Ive done this before i saw this thread... Just take out the filter. Shove in some ground up bud and smoke. Its a good way to smoke in public and not even be looked at :toke:

4. It's also a fabulous way to trash your atomizer, with a single use! :p

I think you're thinking of some other, different device, which isn't a big deal, just thought you should know... shoving bud into the mouthpiece doesn't work with an e-cig.

They are made for liquids, and they do not even work (or work well) for concentrates; the bud wouldn't even reach the bridge or heating element when shoved in where the poly/nylon filler material (not a filter, by the way, it's meant for holding e-juice or tincture) should be. :)

5. Im talking about the atomizer that heats up when you draw on it; if you toss bud on top then put the mouth piece back on and you draw... Smoke comes out.. and i get high. Thats all im sayin

6. The filler area does not draw hot air or smoke through it, though, not at all. :eek:

It's completely sealed; the filler area drips liquid into the atomizer, which delivers air and vapor back through several holes in the sides of the mouthpiece (and not through the central filler area), which are released through the tip.

So even if the tip of the bud could touch the bridge and atomizer, that's all the heat exposure it would get, period... that aside, glycerin is the vapor vehicle required to vape cannabinoids at such low temps.

Glycerin carries chemical components in vapor form, at lower temperatures, than those chemicals could otherwise be carried. It's why the casing can safely be made of plastics, and why nylon and poly fillers can be used. If they reached higher temperatures, they would be toxic!

Meaning that common e-cigs simply don't get hot enough to even effectively vape THC, which happens to be the lowest-temp/most-volatile major cannabinoid.. all the cannabinoids which promote couch-lock and sedation, are left behind entirely, because they require even higher temperatures (by as much as a hundred degrees!) in order to become vapor!

Welcome to GC by the way; it's a great place to learn all these little well-known-facts about your favorite plant. :hello:

7. Thanks, and i dont nessascarily think im vaping it, more so smoking it.

8. They don't reach sufficient temps to vaporize the higher-temp cannabinoids, and barely vape THC (ie. it takes aaaages to trickle-vape off the THC, due to the low temps.. a bit like starting up your vaporizer on WAY too low a setting, only high enough to rapidly evaporate terpenes!)...

That's the whole point of an e-cig, afterall; no combustion!

Again, if they became hot enough to cause combustion or 'smoke', not only would they be toxic, and their components, but the glycerin used in common nicotine e-liquid/juice or hash tincture forms HIGHLY toxic acrolein when it's over-heated. By law, they are required to function at temperatures below combustion for this reason. :(

Their (e-cigs) entire existence is based on lower-temp vaporization, than even a common vaporizer! :hello:

9. My buddy has one of these with a refillable cartridge, he said since the nicotine liquid they make is made with glycerin than why not put a glycerine tincture in the cartridge it worked flawlessly but as you med patients know tinctures don't have that much the as they tried to remove it and keep the other Cannabinoids in it. But he said his ankle and stomach pain were gone after that so it in fact works not with hash oil but with the glycerin tinctures. Peace you guys keep on smoking.

EDIT. If you get one of these get the non nicotine one and get really ripped and smoke on the flavored ones. Its so great.

10. just did this and am smoking it as i type. you hjave to get the refillable cartridges, and when making the hash oil you have to make it a little thinner

11. How does the gpen compare to e cigs?

12. does any one think using qwiso oil and desolving it in more iso insted of everclear, adding to the VG and evaporating would work or does iso not completly evap in VG?

13. #113 BadKittySmiles, Aug 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2012

The problem most folks seem to have when it comes to making their tincture work for low-temp vaping, is that they often don't have the patience to wait for a true solution to form, before trying it in their e-cig...

When a glycerin tincture begins to 'work well' orally or when digested, it still takes a bit longer to becomes as effective a carrier as possible for sublingual (under tongue) and buccal (cheek) absorption, in which case most effects are still received when swallowing the tincture. Even after effective sublingual administration occurs, the solution is still in the final stages or in the process, of forming.

It's certainly not just a matter of dissolving glandular material satisfactorily to 'the naked eye' and mixing with glycerin. There's much more going on than that! :p

In order for glycerin to carry a chemical or substance, at lower temperatures than that substance would otherwise turn to vapor, it must be fully bonded or 'encapsulated' by your glycerin solvent. Individual components must be carried within a shell, or with a reliable and persistent coat, of the glycerin.

Glycerin is not as powerful a solvent for cannabis glandular material as an oil based solvent, it takes more time to become effective, but we use it for e-cigs due to its safety for inhalation, its low-temp vapor point, and more importantly (in terms of vaporization) its ability to carry chemicals within its vapor.

It's why many people are bummed when their tinctures seem to start out weak, but later find they grow stronger with age.

If you try to complete the entire process with heat, you can degrade and even destroy a great deal (or even all) of your potency, long before an effective solution has had a chance to form. :)

This is why the very best glycerin tinctures are usually at least several weeks, to several months old, even in spite of being initiated with heat.

A link to making glycerin tincture... read the preface and 'continued heating' for more information related to the above.

Medical Grade Glycerin Tincture

And a flavoring guide....

E-Cig: A How To With Canna & How To Flavor

Hope this helps! :wave:

14. They sell some rechargeable e cigarettes at my local gas station for 19.99. They're called N-Joy or something like that. Might be worth a shot

15. or you could just get a ivapor or trippy stick instead? no need for modification

16. Yea those are only a little bit more expensive :rolleyes: Maybe he'd also like to use with other types of e liquid?

17. https://www.wepay.com/stores/atmos-rx-vaporizers-i-vapor
    my friend bought his from here. works soo well. smoke in the dorms n shit, outside in groups of people, can't smell shit, looks like a pen lol. and it's used for thc oil so theres no need to modify it. if u modify ur e-cig and something goes wrong i doubt they'll refund you cuz u modified

18. ...

i have lost all hope in humanity.

19. #119 coreymillia, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012
    Okay I've read enough to start off by saying again what a bunch of assholes. Do any of you try anything that you post constantly FALSE info. Anyone who knows the truth can read your post and see that you have read and posted and blah blah blah! How many times will you post what you "KNOW" I am tired of false info, no matter what I read I have to try things for myself and discard most of the info put out here. Stoner forums are the worst.
    I've been using e cigs for hash oil for months now. I stopped smoking pot and now smoke hash oil all day every day. I don't even use the skillet any more, or rarely. I rebuild my own atomizer coils and i can change the resistance to what the fuck ever. If rebuilding isn't your thing then 2 dollar ce2 clearomizers is what you need. They work on any 510 but I use an ego twist with a phoenix clone atomizer.
    So to clarify what an e cig is since people commonly say e cigs do not get hot enough to vape. An e cig is just a battery, attached is a cartridge with your atomizer, cartomizer, or clearomizer...basicly the exact same thing. I've took every one of these apart, including a Gentleman's vapes. Inside you have a little coil usually made from nichrome. Most people using rebuildables use kanthal because it can handle 2200F. OK here's where it gets confusing and I'll get cussed out for because you are convinced by what you think. This coil depending on the resistance heats up, by heating up I mean glowing red fucking hot. Way hotter than needed to burn the fuck out of anything. The reason e cigs vape is because the nicotine is incapusled in propolyne glycol, and or veg glycerine. Not because its not hot enough, unless you have a HIGH resistance 4 ohms on a 3.6 volt for example. But that just isn't sold, because it doesn't work.
    Also I've got a lot of hash, kief, and oil. I have tried mixing veg glycerine with all of them waited weeks it is fucking stupid. It never binds, adding ever clear kind of worked. So i tried pro glycol despite people here saying it can't be done and NO PROBLEM mixes GREAT no ever clear, I use a dremel to emusify it. I have not enjoyed this as much as straight hash oil but I will say I'm getting close. I was doing this because I was looking for something I didn't have to load. But I load oil straight in the phoenix and it last ALL day. Maybe having to add more oil if I want a thicker rip but I smoke a lot so...fuck you people who post stupid shit, we can see you have posted THOUSANDS of time spreading so much bullshit, that will be bullshit long after you accidently die from some stupid fucking mistake from being so painfully full of shit. You know who you are, stop typing NOW!!!!

20. Alcohol wouldn't get you drunk, except maybe in massive amounts. But you can use it to thin hash oil to make it easier to vape.

LSD is degraded and destroyed by heat and light. Even moderately warm temps can severely degrade it. The temp required to vape it would destroy it instantly.

On a slightly different note, DMT dissolved in alcohol or PG, that may very well work. Worth a shot, if anyone comes across some. Super rare around here.

I build E-cigs, normal ones, and handmade custom mods. I've made one I think will work decent with hash oil. Posted a thread about it here in DIY somewhere.