e-Cigarette modded with THC

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by herecomesthesun, Apr 11, 2009.

1. wow thanks for the post bro

2. Anytime. I just can't wait to get the goods to start the project!!!!

3. I'm fairly certain this wont work. I was interested in buying one a few monthes back and i asked the salesmen(it was at a head shop) if this was at all possible. He told me it wouldnt because it would clog the tiny vaporizer after only a few times. Bummer though, that would be really cool.

4. He is somewhat correct. I will need to thin the mixture out, but I know it can be done, just need to refine it to be more of a stone than a maintenance hight. Do a search on these forums - it HAS already been done.

5. While the idea itself is awesome, being able to vaporize through something as small as a joint, would it even be cost effective or convinient? I would love to see dispensaries selling little cartridges of weed, even though I'd never even see them, but it appears to me THC oil would be mighty expensive and it would be gone way too quickly.

6. I just got an ecig to help me quit smoking, I think I'll get a spare atomizer and brew up some green dragon. After doing lots of e-liquid (concentrated nicotine juice) self mixing research; I think a green dragon mixed with some VG or PG would make a useable juice. I plan on working out some testing!

7. Same here. Gonna try BHO first, cuz I am not too comfy with vaping the grain alcohol yet. Even though I use it in my menthol liquid, but not very much...

8. i think that is a misconception. studies were done my the fda and they all contain a carcinogen, i forgot the name, and also a poisonous chemical used in antifreeze

9. That is actually just a misconception; the chemical you are talking about is propylene glycol and the propylene glycol used in ecigarettes is even food safe and is USP grade. Saying that it's in antifreeze is a complete misnomer. There's components of drain cleaner in your toothpaste, but you don't hear the FDA knocking your door for that.

10. They USED to be expensive.

My Kr808d-1 was $40.00 complete and my Blackhawk510 was just over $50.00.

As for the chemicals in it...

1. They only tested the E-Juice from China and not the stuff made here in the US, which has a complete list of ingredients.

2. They tested them next to other QUIT-Smoking products without ever doing a side by side test against actual cigarettes themselves. Had they done so E-Cigs would have been found to be far less deadly. Most people switch to E-Cigs not to quit, but to find a better alternative to cancer sticks.

--

No tar, no second hand smoke, among other things. Here in Illinois they aren't subject to the public smoking ban, but few bars know what they are and as such you may get thrown out anyhow unless they realize your not smoking.

Recent article I read had shown many offices in Chicago allowing their employees to smoke them at their desks.

3. And the kicker on these tests they did, was when you get down to the nitty gritty and look at
    the fine print and who was sponsoring the research.... None other than big tobacco companies ;)

Edit : Registered here just to reply to this. It wasn't that long ago that I was researching E-Cigs before I started using them. Figured I'd chime in...

11. Yep its even in Snow Cones :)

12. So conclusion is that it doesn't work I assume??

I thinK i read liek 3 or 4 people who promsied mass postings once they find out the results....and not a single person has yet confirmed or denied it.... loL!!

...I for one highly doubt it would work efficiently....My v-tower vape would get COATED in resin after like 1-2 weeks of heavy use....now imagine all the res found ina tiny little hole the size of a toothpick :smoking:

13. #33 Hudsonkm, Jan 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2010
    I guess it depends.

One of my E-Cigs the kr808 uses disposable atomizers that are in cartridges alongside the nico and flavoring.

If there was a way to get those to work by adding the THC you wouldn't have to worry as much. You just toss the resin coated atomizers when your done anyhow.

14. Ehhh that's probably true

..to be honest it does not seem practical to me untill someone designs an E-cigarette specifically for weed....so like an E-Doob or E-Blunt or whatnot?? hahaha

That would be so dope.... imagine...., walkin around with an electrical blunt ROFL!!!!:smoking:

15. LOL yes that would be cool.

Im sure eventually somebody will try to design one.

16. Hell, I'd be on the job right now if I was about 5 years ahead into my future, and somewhat funded to begin with LOL!!

17. A green dragon highly conetrated mixed with glycerin and boiled off a little would produce a tincture potent enough and would work in the atomizer without clogging it with much resin since the everclear inthe green dragon would clean the atomizer.

I burn some isopropyl in my atty to clean it out.

I'm testing this as soon as I have enough time alone to produce the tincture wthout my parents being home.

18. Quite interested in the results.

19. I have an electronic cigarette. I bought a Blu-cig package afew months ago.
    I didnt have any thc oil, but I did just pack one of the cartridges with some keif and abit of bud.

It worked, but it also wasted alot of keif, so I wouldnt recommend going about it that way.
    One thing that worked GREAT, was acid. I put about 4 drops of acid in a menthol cartridge (Thats what I smoke), and I was blasted onto the MOON! I hid the cartridge so no one would use it, little did I know that my ex wanted to try my new e-cig. Lets just say that you shouldnt let your straight-edge gf take 4 hits of acid.

The trip didnt last as long as taking it under the tongue, but I got about 6-7 trips out of it.

20. #40 Hudsonkm, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
    Well it may work a bit better with a 5v passthrough or a 6v chuck.

With those the atomizer gets much hotter much faster, glowing orange within a second.

That might be needed to do it right.

And forgot to add, it also means youd have to be a little more careful cleaning the atomizer and keeping it wet. The higher voltages have a tendency to burn them out faster.