Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

e-cig, oil, wax, and Lipid pneumonia question.....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by whitie, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Hi guys i was planning on purchasing a thc oil e-cig in the near future so i did some searching around the site. I came across a post talking about droplets in your vapor from the oil wax or w.e it is your using causing Lipid pneumonia. Is there anyway for me to test my oil and wax to see if they are going to produce these droplets?
    \nwhat i usually use to smoke my oils and wax is a glass hand held pipe with a glass element inside that i heat and use a dental tool with my oil or wax to place it on the heated element inside a glass dome.
    \n\nTo sum it up how can i tell if my concentrates are going to produce these droplets?
    \n\nlink to the post
    http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1171264-vaporizing-hash-oil-essential-oils-e-cig-anyone.html?hl=e%26%238208cig

2. Lipid pneumonia is caused by the inhalation of lipids, hence the name.It becomes confusing however for some because, for instance, if you vaporized pure tangerine essential oil or peppermint etc, that could cause lipid pneumonia even though you wouldn't necessarily think of those substances as containing lipids (fats). I also know which threads your talking about.

To directly answer your question: the only way to know for sure exactly what is in your errl is to send a sample to a lab to undergo testing w. A mass spectrometer, and/Or Gas Chromatography. I can tell you however that with the consumption of wax, hash oil, shatter etc: Lipid pneumonia would be near impossible to get from bho products, even If they are underpurged. That's not to say Taney errl is safe at all, just that it doesn't contain what's necessary to cause lipid pneumonia. I think sometimes the word "oil" in terms of hash just confuses ppl, because that word generally refers to substances containing lipid like structures.

Your method of consumption sounds fine as well. I hope that helped some, I apologize for bad my bad grammar and disorganized sentences, I'm multi tasking. Have a good day man!

Sent from my LG-P769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app