E-Cig dry herb vape?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by chodelee1901, Apr 1, 2014.

1. So today after work I planned in going to the local smoke shop and picking up a dry herb tank for my e cig so I can start vaping my weed. It's a little over 30 bucks for this tank. Now my main concerns are how good of a product one of these is. Like how the quality and high of the smoke would be and if anyone has used one before. Also is the fucker gonna break or explode on me after a couple uses? Thanks all in the wonderful city!

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You are not going to get an e-cig to properly vape dry herb in matter what kind of tank you put on it.

3. So you can use it to smoke wax and oils but not dry herb? Sorry that's not making much sense to me, maybe you could add a couple reasons why

4. Soooooo, that's for portable vaping pens? Not an e cig. I've had the same problems this guy has before with an Iolite vape and already talked to the person at the smoke shop about those concerns.

If they can't get a "Vapor Pen" to vape dry herbs due to lacking technology, how in the hell can you get an e-cig to vape dry herbs?    Do you think the technology would be there for e-cigs but not vapor pens?

6. First off, we've sent people to the moon, came up with holograms, and almost have smell-e-vision. So don't try telling new the technology is there because that's just ignorant to believe. And I do believe an e cig could vape dry herb, personally hand held vapes are cheaply made, the e cig you can upgrade the batteries to a high grade along with other parts making it a very study rig

7. Yeah, well I have had two different pens that claim to be able to vape dry herb.  Neither worked very well, for reasons stated in the linked article.  The atomizers that are designed for these pens don't do dry herb well at all.  I also have an iOlite original and it works about a thousand times better than any pen.  Probably because it's designed SPECIFICALLY to vape and not combust dry herb and the chamber holds much much more than a pen.

So if you don't believe the above, take my word for it, currently no vape pens work very well on dry herb.  They may WORK to an extent but not well.

8. No your input helped, you have experience with the pens which is what I was looking for, someone who had actually used one and had their input so thanks

9. I'll state this one more time.  NO e-cig will properly vape dry herbs and there is only one vape pen that will right now and that is the T-Vape.   The Grasshopper Pen is being developed using 3D printing technology and that may work.  We don't know yet.

Now if you don't want to believe what I am telling you, that is obviously your prerogative.   You asked for some advice and I gave you the best advice that I can.    If you truly believe that the advice that I am giving you is based on ignorance, well...............than I guess I have no idea what in the hell I am talking about, eh?

10. Haha okay man, you didnt say anything about using one before or your experience with one and when I asked for reasons why you sent to an article that really didn't help because I'm specifically asking about an e cig pen not an actual hand held vape, you know the ones that vape the liquid? Ya those ones. So no your 2 cents wasn't worth a penny let alone two.thanks tho

11. Fair enough.   Over...............and out.

12. The first E-Cig pen that I bought was a MOnsterDab and it specifically comes with a dry-herb chamber which is like a ceramic rod covered by a heatable coil.  It holds about HALF the volume of my iOlite and it provides a very unsatisfactory experience (though the taste is nice).  I haven't actually tried the dry chamber on an eCig battery that has variable voltage.  Can't decide if I care that much, I'm moving away from herb anyway.

13. Yea what I'm looking to buy is just a dry chamber specifically made for dry product for the e cig, I'm just not sure if I want to spend the money for it to break on me

14. I really really really wouldn't bother.  Not that it will break (it probably will at some point since all those chambers aren't made very well anyway).  The experience isn't going to be pleasurable.  Seriously, you're going to be disappointed.  If you want a portable vape for dry herb, iOlite or Pax.

15. Yea Im just going to wait and buy an actual good vape. Btw did you have any problem with your Iolite? I had one and could not for the life of me figure it out

16. Funny you should mention that.  I bought my iOlite from GC in April of 2012.  By July of 2013 it had stopped igniting.  So I sent it back to the manufacturer and they replaced it completely.  My new one is PERFECT.  It lights right up the first time every time.  

You have to use the BEST Butane on the market.  Newport is the recommended.  I've used Vector Quintuple, but it's not the same...Newport is the way to go.

Other than that an iOlite is pretty simple.  

17. My would light and everything I just never got an actual hit. I was using vector butane though. I've never tried Newport maybe that's why

18. #19 rozal, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
    Dude.. it wont work. It will burn your herb and you will NOT be vaping, you essentially have just a battery powered one hitter. He sent you a article that explains that. Vape pen or ecig it DOES NOT matter, same deal. You want to be looking at a "portable dry herb vaporizer" NOT something pen or ecig based.

Not to mention SMOKING weed through it Wil make it reek and probably wouldn't be a good idea to use it as a ecig in public afterwards. .

19. We already got the situation under control sir