E cig anyone?

Discussion in 'General' started by hroth, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Yeah this thing is nasty! It taste like burnt vanilla or sumthing. Hardly any vape.

But I kinda expected it to be bad but not this bad! I just got it to try one out.

Now I will wait to get a good one now..:cool:

2. That's one of the things my friend cited while trying different e-cig brands, is that a lot of the flavors just taste like shit.

It's one of the reasons she chose the brand she has now, which I also chose and am very happy with.

I'm just gonna say PM me if you want more info, 'cause I don't want to seem like I'm advertising for a specific brand or anything. :p

3. No you dont want to do that. :p

I just like to come back to this thread cause im very interested in this topic and
    since it all new to me ive been researching this non stop.

You know whats up...Thanks for all your help..:wave:

4. #64 *guest, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012

Yeah yeah, I talked about it a lot earlier in this thread, but now we've got this dude posting up links to his online e-cig store and I don't wanna be all advertisey like that. :laughing:

I do like the ones I got though. Got 3 batteries now. 2 regular length, one automatic, one manual. 1 shorty automatic, because the length feels better in my hands.

Plus, the shorty has a blue LED. Really love that blue LED for some reason. :p

The brand I have, you can go on their forums and they have what is basically leftovers from custom flavor orders that you can get for pretty cheap.

One of them was some kinda specific brand of 16-year Scotch. Cracked me up. Gotta wonder how close they got it. :smoking:

EDIT: Here we go, it was Glenlivet Nadurra 16 year. What an odd flavor to request. Makes me wonder if I could request "Alaskan Thunderfuck, freshly dried and cured". LOL

5. my friend just got one. he filled his with hash oil. so it fucks u up :D:D:D:smoke::smoke::smoke:

6. #66 Facekicker, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    Hey I'm not advertising any specific brands, but yeah I totally plugged my store. Mostly because i don't like seeing people buy an ecig without knowing what else is out there. I even added a discount just for this thread. I'm ok if I don't get any sales.

I posted in this thread originally just to help out, I've been in the industry for 3 years and have seen almost everything there is.

7. My V2 arrived today and this thing is awesome! Now its time to order my blanks and E-Liquid!!:hello:

8. Cheers, fellow V2 user!

Let me know how the blanks and E-liquid work out for ya. I've been thinking about trying that method. :smoking:

9. WooHoo! Im in the V2 family now..:hello:

From what Ive read. It seems that filling your own is even better than the pre-filled carts. But I will let you know.

This thing is soo cool too!:cool:

10. I've heard a lot of raving about filling your own but when I first bought from V2, they only had the blank cartridges and didn't sell any liquid that you could use with them.

I didn't know which other companies were reliable as far as liquid goes, so I just stuck with the pre-filled cartridges. I'm still happy with those anyway, so it's not a big concern for me. :p

Hey what color battery did you get? :D

I like the black ones, myself. I also got me a short version during one of their 20% off sales, really love how it feels in my hand. Much more cigarette-like than the longer versions. :smoking:

11. Haha..I got the black one for me and the blue for my aunt.:D

With the juice, you can use anyones or company's e juice. It doesnt just have to be the V2 brand.:wave:

But I did buy there blanks and both there kinds of drip tips.

When I order my ejuice this weekend I will PM you the info.:smoke:

12. (I know the OP is not terribly likely to come back, but I though I'd chime in). I absolutely fucking LOVE my e-cig. It's awesome. I'm partial to the Volcano brand myself. It's pretty much the same thing as Blu, but there are a lot more product options, not one size fits all. They have several different batteries, ranging in size and life. They also offer set ups to refill your own equipment. It's cheaper that way. And their customer service is pretty dang awesome. Plus, there's a message board on the site to help answer questions.

Now I'm not saying Volcano is better than any other brand, honestly they're the only brand I've really tried. But it is a good, solid product, and they stand behind it.

13. That's not 100% true, certain juices don't go well with certain types of atomizer set ups. 100% vegetable glycerin will kill that sucker in any sort of automatic drip device (like a tube tank).

14. Get some cheap ones off deal extreme and buy in bulk, but be careful and don't use it too frequently or you'll get a nicotine overdose.

15. That's extremely unlikely. Vaporizers are not as efficient as cigarettes in delivering nicotine. Therefore even with very high juices, like .24% you're quite unlikely to overdose (my strength of choice, but I was a heavy smoker). It takes quite a bit of nicotine to overdose. Maybe if you were using an e-cig, patch, and gum.

I wouldn't buy in bulk either. After buying the initial set up (about $65), a pack of cigs costs about, oh, may be 30 cents? I buy liquid and refill my tube tank set up and cartomizers. The most expensive liquid I can find is about $13 for a 15ml bottle. To give you an idea, I've been using the same bottle for about two weeks, and it's still not even half empty. And I vape all the time.

In contrast, even buying in bulk, there's not way a disposable is going to cost less than $8 or so. They're worth about a pack and a half, to a pack of cigs.

16. I use VG with my Ego-T system and it has yet to do anything to the atomizer(7 months)

17. What kind of set up do you have? If you're manually dripping, or using any sort of cart, cartomizer, or the like it won't cause you problems. It's basically only the set ups with a metal "wick" that resembles a spike, that sits in a cell of open liquid, because the VG will burn, gunk, etc, onto the wick, making it impossible to clean, and impossible to to its job correctly.

18. I stock only 50%PG/50%VG blends for best throat hit/vapor production. You won't have any problems with atomizers or tanks using 50/50. True that 100% VG can be a clogging mess though.

eGo-T is one piece atomizer cone with tank cartridges, atomizer head with spike as you described. Yes, they can clog and burn. Since they are one piece you end up replacing the whole cone.

eGo-C is same as eGo-T but 3-piece atomizer so you can easily clean or replace the heads. Heads are like $6 instead of the $20 eGo-T cone atomizers go for.

100% VG is generally bad for both units as it doesn't seep into the atomizer wick very well. You can use 100% VG in cartomizer tanks though, with enlarged feed holes.

19. Have never tried them before yet but plan on trying them very soon hopefully lol. Getting my own.

20. The best advice I can give you is to not cheap out. Get a good solid product. Otherwise you'll just end up frustrated, and that's no bueno. I like the Volcano brand. I'd go for at least the Magma if not the Inferno kit. Always go with manual buttons. I know automatic draw seems easier, but the manuals will tend to perform better and last longer in the long run.